PDA

View Full Version : Encounter a very strange problem while reinstalling SEQ

imscwk
06-06-2002, 01:21 PM
Hiya everyone,

I got a strange problem while reinstalling SEQ. After the first time I complete the SEQ installation, it work but unable to decrypt any information. Thus I simply "rm" all SEQ related files and download again. After this when I try to compile again, in the "./configure" step, it keep telling me that I didn't install "libEQ.a" in either /usr/local/lib or /usr/lib but of course I surely did that. No matter how many times I copy libEQ.a into those 2 directory doesn't seems to work. Is there anyone can give me few suggestion?

Besides, I am currentlt playing legend server, does the decryption any different from normal server?

Thanks a tons

Kenneth

Mr. Suspicious
06-06-2002, 01:25 PM
Two things:

After the first time I complete the SEQ installation, it work but unable to decrypt any information.

Any error messages? If so, post 'em here. If no error messages, specify "how" you determine it does not decrypt anything. Is your network setup correctly, if so, HOW did you set it up *so we can point you to obvious errors*

No matter how many times I copy libEQ.a into those 2 directory doesn't seems to work

Read the README.libEQ file supplied with ShowEQ. It clearly specifies NOT to put a LibEQ.a into BOTH directories, but recommends to place only ONE copy of that file in the /usr/lib/ directory.

Besides, I am currentlt playing legend server, does the decryption any different from normal server

Dunno, set everything up and then you tell us =)

S_B_R
06-06-2002, 02:34 PM
I'm guessing this is another case of not knowing about the "Create Unknown Spawns" and "Unknown Spawns" options. And with out investigating He just assumed it wasn't working and deleted it.... :rolleyes:

fryfrog
06-06-2002, 02:39 PM
are you sure you are using "co showeq" not "co linux" when you do your cvs download? what version does it say it is? (./showeq --version i think).

S_B_R
06-06-2002, 03:11 PM
Completely OT:

Fryfrog, can you edit you post in this forum?