PDA

View Full Version : make / make install problems

Rhaal
06-07-2002, 06:50 PM
Been fighting with this for a while now, and been reading alot, but cannot seem to find anyone who had the same problem as me.

First of all I must warn you, I am quite a Linux newbie, and that may be why I can't figure this out. I tried using several different install walkthroughs (redhat 7.2) and ended up with diff errors.

The furthest I have gotten though is to the make command. everything before that seemed to be working fine.

When I (in /seq/showeq/) type make, it starts out looking right, but after the first 2 VERY big lines, it comes with like 200 lines of errors like this :

/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/include/qstring.h:651 undefined reference to 'Qstring::shared_null'
all the errors are almost the same, just different h:### and some of the are 'QstringData::deleteSelf()'
it ends off with
collect2: Id returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [showeq] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/seq/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/seq/showeq'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

if i try running make install after this, pretty much the same thing happens it seems.

can anyone help with this problem?

any help is appreciated!

thanks

Zaphod
06-07-2002, 08:05 PM
Methinkst you should search more. Short form answer, you are either using the wrong compiler or linking against the wrong library. This typically means you didn't set one or more environment variables (CC, CXX, and/or QTDIR).

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)