PDA

View Full Version : Changing PC's

Weapon-X
06-09-2002, 03:15 AM
When I have Seq monitor my 1st Pc on one IP and then I tell it to monitor another IP on my 2nd PC it doesnt do it even if i restart seq wirth the IP of my 2nd pc... Help plz

Weapon-X

clh01
06-10-2002, 01:27 PM
more details on how the network is set up please?
by what you've said.. I'd assume you have 3 systems, 1 linux with seq, 2 windows with EQ
all 3 connected into the same hub?
using linux as the gateway to the internet for the other 2?

post more info :)

right now all I could suggest is tell it to "Monitor Next EQ Client Seen" and zone on the system that you want to have seq watch

showeqfan
06-10-2002, 08:46 PM
I had a problem like this also. I have two laptops running Showeq and two systems running EQ. I would start Showeq on the laptops and both laptops would monitor the EQ system that zoned first.

To correct this I edited the /usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml file on both laptops. I changed line 17 from 127.0.0.0 to the ip address of the system I wanted that laptop to monitor.

just my 2 copper

Hope this helps

Zaphod
06-10-2002, 09:34 PM
Since the ShowEQ instances are on seperate laptops all you have to do is set the IP to monitor on each one. So, for each showeq instance go to the "Network" menu and select "Monitor EQ CLient IP Address..." and enter the IP address of the EQ client you wish to monitor. Then go to the "File" menu and do "Save Preferences". Now each laptop has its own showeq.xml file containing the IP address of the EQ client to monitor.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, most people shouldn't need to manually edit seqdef.xml.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)