PDA

View Full Version : another libEQ.a error

cgandrews
06-10-2002, 10:47 PM
the configure error I receive is:
configure: error: libEQ.a not found. Be sure libEQ.a is already installed in /usr/local/lib or /usr/lib.

ls -la on /usr/lib/libEQ.a returns:
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6734 Jun 10 22:14 /usr/lib/libEQ.a
(i changed the permissions in case that was the issue...it wasn't)

The same file is in my /usr/local/lib directory. I've made sure the md5sum is correct.

My config.log says the following:
./libEQ.a(libEQ.o)(.eh_frame+0x11): undefined reference to '__gxx_personality_v0'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I know it's probably something simple I'm just missing but...any ideas?

Thx,
G

high_jeeves
06-10-2002, 11:02 PM
Yes, if you search, you will find this is related to you a) haveing 2 copies of libEQ when you must only have 1 and b) not building with gcc3... please follow the walkthrough for installation..

--Jeeves

cgandrews
06-10-2002, 11:23 PM
I'm using gcc 2.96 and at the time of compile I only had a single instance of the file in the lib directories...i tried each directory and removed the file from the other directory before reconfiguring.

When you say the walkthrough, are you referring to the Linux install doc on the site, the newbie install info, the INSTALL file, or the README.libEQ file? I have read all thuroughly. Interestingly I cannot find where any of them tell me exactly where to place the file other than 'in my compiler's path' which is what the README tells me to do.

Edit: Are you saying I need gcc 3 or greater? I read the gcc3 post and that's what I seem to understand even though I did not get the same error message as the poster of that message. Additionally, were you recommending I search somewhere specific or just browse through the help forum threads?

high_jeeves
06-10-2002, 11:48 PM
You must use gcc3 to build and install ShowEQ. Please see the documentation, and the walkthroughs on this board.

When I say search, I mean use the search button at the top of your screen.

--Jeeves