PDA

View Full Version : Make -f Makefile.dist

Dontknowmuch
06-11-2002, 03:47 PM
Yes I'm new to Linux but this interested me enough to give it a try.

I am following the install guide for Mandrake 8.1. I found all the posts to correct my problems trying to compile QT-2.3.2. After reading most the posts the problem is usually not editing the file Linux-g++-shared with the current value of 3.0.4 instead of 3.0.1 or using the Package Manager to install the rpm. I strongly suggest saving them the drive and then using a terminal to install them using the “rpm –i –f RPM-FILE-NAME” I have managed to get QT-2.3.2 to compile ok or at lease it would appear. I have now downloaded ShowEQ and Libeq.a and preparing to do the compile. At this time I have read and search for an answer to my problem with no success. Any real assistance would be appreciated not the typical go read the guide you missed something or you don’t know what your doing so why try.

Status

Qt-2.3.2 appeared to compile correctly 4-5 hours no errors that I could tell
Downloaded and extracted ShowEQ to /root/showeq
Downloaded Libeq.a and placed in /usr/lib

From Terminal

CD /root/showeq
export CC=gcc-3.0.4 ; export CXX=g++-3.0.4 ; export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2
make –f Makefile.dist

Upon executing the last command I receive the error
Make: Makefile.dist: No such file or directory
Make: *** No rule to make target ‘Makefile.dist’. Stop.

There is no file in the Showeq directory that matches that definition. My limited understanding is that it would make the file Makefile.dist. I do not pretend to know exactly what I am doing put this has been an interesting foray in to the world of linux.

Thank you for you time

Cryonic
06-11-2002, 03:53 PM
and is there a Makefile.dist file in that directory?

pinzmon
06-11-2002, 04:13 PM
Here is your problem:

Downloaded and extracted ShowEQ to /root/showeq

You cannot "Download and extract" the current version of showeq. You need to copy it using CVS. Go to the CVS link at the top of this page and follow the instructions on it.

modulename is showeq

:)

Dontknowmuch
06-11-2002, 04:16 PM
Thanks Pinzmon I will give that a try

In your debt :)

Mr. Suspicious
06-11-2002, 04:28 PM
Not like it isn't listed in ANY HOWTO:

cd /root
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq co showeq
cd /root/showeq
cvs update -P
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq logout

Dontknowmuch
06-11-2002, 04:35 PM
Sweet I had tried using the CVS command before a few times with no luck. That is why I downloaded it. But It seems to have worked this time. Well back to trying, thanks again and sorry to bother.:D