PDA

View Full Version : Make error on both QT and SEQ

ScottEQ
06-12-2002, 01:55 AM
Hello all :)

Doing this on Mandrake 8.2, using the Mandrake 8.1 guide. I have gone over and REgone over the RPm's required, and they ARE installed. After I got the below error, I decided to use gcc3.1.1, but it didn't change anything. I think I'm going to need to re-install Mandrake 8.2 (deleting the current partition beforehand, of course). So if anyone has any tips on how to better do this (because the Mandrake 8.1 guide I think is confusing with the RPM's) please post it here :)

I receive this error when doing make on QT-2.3.2-
gcc-3.0.4- Program Error (cc1plus)

or something almost exactly like that (didn't copy paste, sorry)

I noticed however it did this in the example/tutorial directory, so I moved on. However, when I got to SEQ, it gave me the exact same error. Following the error is all the leaving directory stuff.

If anyone knows what I'm missing (did a search on cc1plus which turned up nothing) I'd be greatly appreciative. :)

Thanks!!

high_jeeves
06-12-2002, 02:07 AM
Without an exact error message, and more context to the error message (where it happens, what the lines above it are, etc).. nobody can really help you out here... If I had to guess, I'd say what you are really seeing is a segmentation fault, and the issues around that while building are discussed in many other threads on this board...

--Jeeves

ScottEQ
06-12-2002, 07:32 AM
Ok, Installing 3.1.1 was a mistake because it required other RPMS' that aren't there. So I'm gonna go ahead and reinstall.

Can I get your opinions on something though? I have gotten SEQ to work once before, but I had to reinstall WinXP then reinstall Linux, and now I'm not getting it to work. The first time I did get SEQ to work, I downloaded a majority of the RPMS from a www.rpmfind.net, and did NOT install them from the Mandrake 8.2 installation screen.

So which should I do? Install Mandrake 8.2 normally and then install RPM's I need from www.rpmfind.net? Or, install the RPMS from install screen and see if things go differently than they have this time.

Thanks!

Scott

reaver
06-12-2002, 07:53 AM
I use Mandrake 8.2, and I installed all the rpms in the 8.1 guide that I could, and the ones I did not find, I used www.rpmfind.net to fill in the blanks.

Also, remember than the gcc that is installed by Mandrake8.2 is invoked by gcc-3.0.4 (not 3.0.1).

Once all the correct rpms are in place, everything make'd without a hitch.

-Reaver

ScottEQ
06-12-2002, 11:06 AM
Reaver,

Did you go down the list and one-by-one check off the ones that it could install? I did this on the current installation and this is where I'm having problems :/

The first time though I didn't choose ANY RPM's, I just went in after and found the ones I needed.

I guess I'm just gonna do like I did the first time and not mess with RPM's during setup, maybe I can get it to work again.

Scott

reaver
06-12-2002, 12:46 PM
Yes, I installed all the ones that had the same name with what came on the CDs, the rest I obtained thru rpmfind

-Reaver

ScottEQ
06-12-2002, 04:12 PM
Ok, reinstalled AGAIN and did not choose any of the RPMs!!

I installed them ALL from RPMfind.net! I uninstalled one that had a conflict with libtool-libs because libtool-libs has libtcl.so that BerkeleyDB-devel requires. Anyway, I get the SAME error AGAIN... here I'm typing it-

g++-3.0.4: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report.

Yadda yadda yadda (All the leaving directory stuff).

So I'm stuck. This does it in a different area every time, and SEQ gives me the same Internel error. Am I missing an RPM? I've installed all of them on the list, and now I'm getting VERY frustrated.

Thanks for the help,

Scott

high_jeeves
06-12-2002, 04:39 PM
Why are you installing everything from RPMfind? Just install them off the CD (or better yet, when you install your OS)... It also looks like your compiler is bad/incomplete.. you might want to head over to the gcc forums and ask them... This error doesnt have anything to do with SEQ (as is evidenced by the fact that your QT wont build either)...

--Jeeves

ScottEQ
06-12-2002, 04:45 PM
The reason I installed everything from RPM find is becuase that's how I did it the very first time I installed, and I got it to work. The second time, however, I installed from the CD and haven't been able to get anything to work since.

The compiler is GCC right? If so, I've had problems whether I installed from CD or RPMfind.

Is there any RPM's I might be missing?? *sigh

If you think re-installing and installing all RPM's from the CD would work I can do that again, although I would like to figure out why it is doing this. :/

Thanks

high_jeeves
06-12-2002, 05:16 PM
I dont think you are missing any RPMS more than likely, you have the incorrect RPMS installed (for a different distribution/system.. the danger of using RPMFind), or you are having hardware problems that are causing gcc to fail...

--Jeeves

ScottEQ
06-12-2002, 06:11 PM
Ok, BerkeleyDB says it needs libtcl.so ... SO, what RPM has that? It says I could force it... should I?

Thanks

Scott

high_jeeves
06-12-2002, 06:31 PM
No, if you force it, you will be in very bad shape. Hate to be obvious here, but perhaps libtcl is the library for TCL?

You should try searching for some of these answers on groups.google.com, this site is not general linux help, it is ShowEQ specific.

--Jeeves

ScottEQ
06-12-2002, 06:44 PM
Jeeves, I know this isn't the Linux help, but please :)

I cannot find libtcl, only libtclink

I have installed libtcl and still get the message. *sigh

What is a good forum for me to go to Jeeves?

Mr. Suspicious
06-12-2002, 07:01 PM
Goto http://www.google.com, punch in the error message you received: Internal error: Killed program cc1plus in the serachbox and the top result probably already has the answer to your question.

ScottEQ
06-12-2002, 07:17 PM
I did some research on search sites and found tcl rpm for Mandrake, so I got that installed and BerkelyDB installed and it's not compiling, hopefully nothing else will go wrong.. :)

Thanks for your help

ScottEQ
06-12-2002, 08:22 PM
I still get the SAME error (cc1plus). I have no thoughts on what to do. QT did VERY good on make, it failed on tutorials so I thought that was ok. However, in make of SEQ it started, then failed. Any thoughts would be helpful, as I am about to give up.

Thanks

high_jeeves
06-12-2002, 10:33 PM
I'll repeat again.. the error you are getting is a compiler error.. there is something wrong with your compiler.. it has NOTHING to do with ShowEQ.. my guess is that since you seem to insist on installing from rpmfinder instead of using the mandrake install system, or the RPMs on the CD, you have RPMS that dont quite match and arent completely compatible with your system... i dont know how better to say it...

--Jeeves

Stroker
06-13-2002, 07:05 AM
For shits and grins I went to google and did a search on "Internal error: Killed program cc1plus" and looked at the first result http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/2002-04/thread01159-0.html ..

Seems this error is the compiler shutting down processes as its out of memory. Don't suppose you are compiling with X and a WM running are you? If so try shutting down X and compiling from the Command prompt.

Search is Our friend... Google is Good...

S_B_R
06-13-2002, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Stroker
For shits and grins I went to google and did a search on "Internal error: Killed program cc1plus" and looked at the first result http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/2002-04/thread01159-0.html ..

Seems this error is the compiler shutting down processes as its out of memory. Don't suppose you are compiling with X and a WM running are you? If so try shutting down X and compiling from the Command prompt.

Search is Our friend... Google is Good... Huh, imagine that.... Will wonders never cease...

http://seq.sourceforge.net/images/info.jpg

high_jeeves
06-13-2002, 08:41 AM
What is this google think you speak of? I thought that once a question was answered, the information was gone forever, and it needed to be re-asked a million times! I think I'll call this new method of representing data a "public forum"!

The world will change forever!

(Oh, wait, this has been around for 15 years now...)

--Jeeves

unknown_errors
06-18-2002, 08:23 AM
jesus help me.... in the past week, my every waking min hgas been spent on buying, installing mandrake 8.2 and installing qt-2.3.2 and needed rpms for showEQ ( i had some time off comming from work whic ends today:(
anywho i went down the wole list of rpm and downloaded them all then went to install them in the neato gui "package manger"
used these options
upgrade
replace files
replace packages
(note i did not use the check dependencies)
in other words i forced them all right ?

//crosses fingers\\\
i'm hopeing it doesn't mean that

btw the only reason i didn't install a bunch of the need rpms when i installed OS is because i was asked for a disk i dont have... and somehow they didn't get installed, so i searched GOOGLE (even on windows it has been my best friend and home page) for mandrake8.2 RPMs finding an ftp site that only offered those rpms and i belive i found all the needed ones there