PDA

View Full Version : The SEQ logfile has filled my harddrive

AlexJ213
06-14-2002, 12:20 AM
What is the location to delete the files SEQ made that I dont need? And yes I did a ton of searches.

Cryonic
06-14-2002, 12:31 AM
Same place that you used to copy showeq.conf.dist to.

/usr/local/share/showeq

AlexJ213
06-14-2002, 12:35 AM
whats the name of the file I have to delete? its massive because it took up prolly a gig or more

Mr. Suspicious
06-14-2002, 02:48 AM
Why don't you just do a 'ld' (list directory, with the appropriate switches to see the filesizes and see for yourself?

If you don't understand Linux, then http://www.linux.org (the Documentation section) will help you understand the Operating System.

mvern
06-14-2002, 03:11 AM
ld, huh.. I think you mean ls, or what he'd probably want, something more like:
ls -la | more

Mr. Suspicious
06-14-2002, 03:36 AM
Can a man make a typo? =) You catched me right before I noticed it myself, but realy, he should try to learn Lunux himself.

Dedpoet
06-14-2002, 06:09 AM
whats the name of the file I have to delete? its massive because it took up prolly a gig or more

A gig?! Last I noticed, I think the whole directory is something like 5 meg, most of that being the maps. If you cd into the directory you installed from and type 'du -ks' that will show you a nice summary of the size of the directory and all of it's subdirectories. I think you may have lost that gig of space somewhere else.

Edit: Sorry, I posted in haste and didn't read the title. I think the file you are looking for is /usr/local/share/showeq/spawnlog.txt.

*puts his foot in his mouth*

Mr Guy
06-14-2002, 06:35 AM
How much you wanna bet what he REALLY wants to look for is core files?

S_B_R
06-14-2002, 07:42 AM
The best why to clean out your hard drive and free up ALOT of space would be to run the following command as root:
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/hda you can also use the command I have in my sig, the result is the same...

BlueAdept
06-14-2002, 07:42 AM
Heh...if the spawnlog.txt is too large, email it to me before you delete it. it helps make better filters for everyone.

[email protected]

If it is over 7 megs tared/gziped email me and Ill tell you where to upload it.