PDA

View Full Version : "PvP Teams" menu option

fgay trader
06-14-2002, 02:01 PM
I just fired up my character on Tallon Zek that I haven't played for a really long time and noticed something strange. I remember a while ago the "PvP Teams" menu option used to do more than just coloring or player names in the Spawnlist, it also used to put up a blinking outline around all players not on your team who were in range to you (+ or - 8 levels). Now toggling this option doesn't do that anymore. My first thought was that the option didn't "take", but saving the settings and restarting SEQ didn't seem to help.

I tried to see if there are any other options that could cause this to happen, but couldn't find anything that seemed relevant. I tried searching the forums for "PvP", "teams", "menu", even "blinking" ;) and still couldn't find an answer. Has this functionality been removed? If not, I'd appreciate it if anyone would please point me in the right direction.

P.S. For anyone convinced that using SEQ in PvP is cheating, imho using SEQ in the first place is cheating, so don't even bother, you... you... cheaters! :p

Edit: spelling

Zaphod
06-14-2002, 06:37 PM
um, check the right-click context menu on the map. You can now enable/disable the PvP icons on a per-map basis.

See the CHANGES entry/Announcement for version 4.2.9 "dohpaZ (08/06/02).

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

g0hst
06-15-2002, 08:19 AM
you can also turn "RacePVP" on in seqdef.xml, although I guess thats not the favored way to do it anymore.

fgay trader
06-15-2002, 04:49 PM
/bonk self

Thanks, Zaphod!