PDA

View Full Version : maps not loading + npc/pc names are dispolaying &%^*&%^

dillonml
06-14-2002, 09:18 PM
Similar to when EQ patches and changes memory loc's.... however i've updated to the newest code just a few minutes ago but its still happening. Maps wont load and npc or pc names dont show properly, neither do levels or anything else.

Am I the only one this is happening to today? I don't see anyone else asking about it....

reaver
06-14-2002, 09:36 PM
Get the new libEQ.a?

-Reaver

dillonml
06-14-2002, 09:53 PM
Yes I downloaded the new libEQ.a file and placed it in /usr/lib/ like I had done originally. I just did a new clean update and make in order to be sure I had done it correctly.

I do have a newbie question, it's just something I hadnt seen before.

With that new libEQ.a file I noticed a MD5 file.. do I need to download that one too? or do anything with it? I had never done that when I originally installed showeq.

All npcs are listed under my Players menu now along with some odd characters.... the NPC menu is almost empty except for a few screwed up listings.

Also at the console it is spamming hundreds of warnings like

WARNING: WearChangeCode (9220) (dataLen:14 != sizeof(wearChangeStruct):18)!

and

WARNING: Decoded NewSpawnCode (4921) (dataLen:226 != sizeof(wearChangeStruct):178)!

While I am logged in to the game it just keeps scrolling hundreds of these warnings....

dillonml
06-14-2002, 10:01 PM
another warning I just saw

WARNING: ZoneEntryCode (2920) (dataLen:70 != sizeof(ClientZoneEntryStruct):38)!

WARNING: ZoneEntryCode (2920) (dataLen:354 != sizeof(ServerZoneEntryStruct):318)!

TweedleDee
06-15-2002, 03:19 PM
If you got your libEQ.a file from smurfette, it's still the old one. Go to Blue Adept's site for it: http://www27.brinkster.com/blueadept/

To check your libEQ.a version:

cd /usr/lib
md5sum libEQ.a

Mr. Suspicious
06-15-2002, 03:51 PM
If you got your libEQ.a file from smurfette, it's still the old one.

Humbug! Smurfette, Azriel and doomed.to are the only Official spots to get your libEQ.a from. No disrespect to Blue Adept, but untill his mirror is mentioned in the README.libEQ I'm not touching it :D (and besides Smurfette *and the others* ARE the spots Blue Adept gets his libEQ.a from)

Zaphod
06-15-2002, 07:11 PM
When you start up showeq what is the version number that is displayed? I suspect you are not using the current version.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Moronica
06-15-2002, 11:13 PM
I am also getting the same symptoms and I do have the correct LibEQ.a.

I just installed it on a fresh machine and when I start ShowEQ it says I am at 4.0.0.

Any ideas?

Cryonic
06-15-2002, 11:15 PM
current version is 4.2.11

BlueAdept
06-16-2002, 07:39 AM
Heh...I have tried to become a mirror for libEQ.a for about a year now. Ive sent out a couple emails to Ratt and a few others and asked on the board. I guess it just wont happen.

The whole reason I started a website was because of libEQ.a. At one point of time, all the "official mirrors" were down. I had to go to the irc to get it. There were several complaints that all the sites were down so I made my first site (http://www.crosswinds.net/~libeqa). This was before Ratt asked not to distribute the libEQ.a when Luclin came out.

If you are concerned about the file not being what it is supposed to be, you can always run the md5sum on it. If it doesnt match the current sum, dont use it.

Moronica
06-19-2002, 02:08 PM
Ok, after wiping Linux and installing per the instructions here I am still listed as being version 4.0.

Something I am missing here?

Dedpoet
06-19-2002, 02:38 PM
Per which instructions? From a fresh install, if you followed the directions for a cvs download, then did "make -f Makefile.dist && ./configure && make && make install", I have no clue how you could have gotten an old version of ShowEQ. Are you sure you did a "cvs checkout showeq"?