PDA

View Full Version : (GOT IT!) cvs -z3 update does NOT work

dillonml
06-14-2002, 10:30 PM
nm scratch this.... anyone got a crow bar to help me pull my foot out my mouth?

high_jeeves
06-14-2002, 10:45 PM
um... cvs -z3 co linux.. you just checked out version 3.1.2...

cvs update (in the base directory of your source tree) or cvs co showeq (in an empty directory) is the correct source to get..

Why do people post false info they obviously havent tried??

You are now running a 1 year old version, and you claim this?

--Jeeves

dillonml
06-14-2002, 10:50 PM
lol insert foot in mouth

dangit I was looking at the wrong thing :p yeah yeah yeah the cvs -z3 update didnt work tho it gave me 4.0.0 of course neither did the co linux one.... my stupidity there.

So whats going wrong? cvs-z3 update is giving me 4.0.0 when it should be 4.2.something right?

high_jeeves
06-14-2002, 11:03 PM
You probably arent in the right directory, or you did an export instead of a checkout when you initially installed.

You need to be in the showeq directory that was downloaded when you first installed... for most people it is probably ~/showeq (where ~ is your home directory). The easy was to find out: the directory should have a CVS sub directory (as well as src, and a few others)..

If you dont have CVS subdirs and such, then blow away your current source and run the commands found under the CVS link above.

Also, make sure you are rebuilding correctly (make -f Makefile.dist && ./configure && make && make install)

Please dont edit over your old posts, it makes the flow of the boards very difficult for future users to read.

--Jeeves