PDA

View Full Version : Error: No such folder or directory.

Jericho450
06-15-2002, 08:10 PM
after inputting this command

cp/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf.dist/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf

I get....

bash: cp/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf.dist/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf No such file or directory.

What am I doing wrong, I followed the install guide step by step, I believe, with no other errors and I have done this before with no problems. Any info would be helpful. Thank you.

Mr. Suspicious
06-15-2002, 08:18 PM
read the INSTALL.newbies (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/INSTALL.newbies?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup) file. First place for ANY problems to look would be the documentation provided with the software.

TweedleDee
06-17-2002, 09:28 AM
cp/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf.dist/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf

should look like:

cp /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf.dist /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf

You've done this before?

Mr. Suspicious
06-17-2002, 10:35 AM
TweedleDee, no offense, but you're an idiot aswell, please, also read the documentation and you might discover some things.

fryfrog
06-17-2002, 10:59 AM
unfortunatly, due to some changes in seq and its configuration the guide itself is slightly dated. and also, unfortunatly the forum the guide is IN is locked, so it cannot be corrected or updated. woo.

TweedleDee
06-17-2002, 11:00 AM
I realize showeq.conf is no longer used. Was just pointing out his rather blatant syntax error. Thanks for the kind words though Mr. Suspicious

***edit***

and yes, I also realize that showeq.conf.dist is no longer in cvs = no longer exists in file tree...

Jericho450
06-17-2002, 04:49 PM
Yes TweedleDee, I have installed SEQ before and had no problems aside from the usual Redhat/SEQ newbie problems, most of which I found the answers to through the use of the search feature. In that installation the showeq.conf was still a valid part of the process. The fact that I was unware of the change that was made makes me an ignorant person, not an idiot. Yet at the same time you decide to criticize me for my grammatical errors and correct them with information that, you say, you already knew were incorrect in a later post. I apologize for not correctly posting the information I provided and forcing you to waist your time posting here. Fiel fre tu post ane furter erors u fined hear.

Mr. Suspicious, thank you. Your information had a hand in helping me complete my installation.