PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ: Mandrake 8.2 vs RedHat 7.2

TooShy
06-20-2002, 02:11 AM
Let this post die, sysop, kill it if you need to.

TooShy
06-20-2002, 02:12 AM
Bump

Dedpoet
06-20-2002, 06:29 AM
Tooshy, this board is full of posts by people who have this working. Are you having a specific problem or are you just curious who is using what distribution?

If you follow the guides for Redhat 7.2 or Mandrake 8.2 line for line, you should have no problem at all with the setup. I have seen a lot of posts from people having trouble with Redhat 7.3, but the truth is that if you're only going to run Linux so you can use Seq, then why worry about having the lastest Linux distro? (That was not really targeted at you per se, just an observation.)

I have successfully set up Seq on Redhat 7.2 a number of times for myself and for friends, on multiple machines, including a few picky laptops. Most recently I have been running under Gentoo Linux, a new distribution not for the feint of heart (and what a tasty distro it is!). Many of the developers run Seq under Debian Linux, a distribution targeted at developers rather than the mainstream. I'm sure it would work under Slackware, Sorcerer, or just about any distribution of Linux you could find as long as you have the right libraries loaded and it is on the x86 platform (restriction of libEQ.a).

muertala
06-20-2002, 07:18 AM
Tooshy, I loaded SEQ on Mandrake 8.2 and it works without problems and I used the very guides that were posted here word for word. Any problems that I had someone had and posted here and a solution was posted. Now there are too things to do, not trying to be a smart ass but it was the somethings that were told to me.
1. RTFM
2. Search is your friend
After those two you will have SEQ up and running without a hich. Trust me anywhere from software to hardware and equipment required is all here. I made the same mistake of posting question and I was quickly told the top 2. After I did the top 2 I was up and running in no time flat.