PDA

View Full Version : NON-SEQ problem

Chuin
06-21-2002, 10:47 AM
Hiyas,

You guys know the workings of EQ better then anyone else I know, so I am hopeing that you can help in this situation.

I have 2 accounts, one is mine the other was given to me by a friend. I sometimes run both accounts at the same time on 1 system(EQW) so that I can port myself around. This has worked great in the past but last night I had a problem.

I port both to WL to join a Kael raid for faction and neither showup in Kael. I got dropped back to the server screen on both accounts. Now I can't get logged back in as EITHER char? One is a Wizard and he might have had a familure, but the familure bug would'nt apply because when you zone your Familure comes back even if he was /pet get lost. I can log into either account with different chars and on the same server, just not the two chars that ported...:(

Any suggestions... I am relunctant to petition because I was not the original owner of the Wizard account.

Thank you,

Chuin

TweedleDee
06-21-2002, 11:31 AM
What error does it give you when you try to log on to the two broke char's?

All I could think was that you are stuck in a wall or 10k clicks under the earth or something.

Honestly, I'd petition. I've never had them ask me R/L questions concering account info from a petition. Besides that, you pay your $24 a month, why would they want to stop you? Granted, if it's an ebayed account or something, you might be a little leery, but if a friend gave it to you like you said, just say he's your neighbor or something and that he was porting you.

fgay trader
06-21-2002, 07:41 PM
Chances are, your zone file got corrupted when you went LD. Search your EQ folder for the file whose name is the name of the zone your charachters are stuck in and delete those files. Let patch re-download them and you should be all set.

If that doesn't help - try deleting the .OPT files of the stuck chars, sometimes that helps too.

If all else fails - log in different chars and /petition on both accounts.

BlueAdept
06-22-2002, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by TweedleDee
Honestly, I'd petition. I've never had them ask me R/L questions concering account info from a petition. Besides that, you pay your $24 a month, why would they want to stop you? Granted, if it's an ebayed account or something, you might be a little leery, but if a friend gave it to you like you said, just say he's your neighbor or something and that he was porting you.

Heh...I had a 10k fall from the wall next to the maidens zone. I logged out sitting next to the wall logged back in, everything was white. When I looked up, I could see trees and stuff (they looked wierd though). I was playing my warrior so unfortunately I couldnt gate out. I took one step and boom....dead.

I petitioned. First was a Guide in training that sent me a tell. Said that he/she couldnt do anything that I would have to wait until a full Guide came on. 2 hours later (yes I was still sitting at my bind point in the bazaar) a Guide told me that only the GM could get my corpse and rez me. He did not know when the GM would be on though. He gave me an email address to contact him .

2 emails to the GM, 3 email and one phone call to the customer service and one email to the corporate offices of Sony (yes I know the last one didnt help nor did the ones to cusomer service). I finally got my corpse back after 6 days.

That is what the $24.95 a month buys you. A whole lot of nothing except frustration, anger, and the feeling like you want to kill someone. Verant/Sony's CS is a JOKE and so is their Guide system.

Before you pull your hair out dealing with the Guides or CS, delete the zone files and do the other suggestions here. Only use the /petition as a last resort because they will just tell you to do the same thing as they did here.

high_jeeves
06-22-2002, 08:24 AM
Was that a long time ago? I got rez'd by an apprentice guide for a 10k fall just a couple of weeks ago... took less than 20 minutes...

--Jeeves

BlueAdept
06-22-2002, 10:34 AM
That was probably about 2 months after luclin came out. So it was a bit ago.

You know, I never did get a centiLS to drop...saw a ton of SS, hammers and a couple of SOGs, but not a single LS.

I find it amazing that apprentice guides can now give full rezes (and get corpses from below the earth). I kept getting the run-around that night. Not even the full guide would/could get my corpse I was told that ONLY the GM could do it.

Chuin
06-23-2002, 03:04 PM
A Gm finally moved my chars from WL to kael and I was able to log into them again... I took my char back into WL to make sure everything was ok and I got stuck again... A good friend was able to log in as me and move me back into Kael... I did a delete od all WL files and patched them and tried again... I still had the same problem.. I guess I will try the opt files as suggested... After this I will just remove EQ completely and do a full re-install.

Thank you for your suggestion...