PDA

View Full Version : Spawnlist2 not refreshing

Mr Guy
06-25-2002, 05:56 AM
I've had this problem for a while and have been trying to figure out what's causing it. I can only get the Spawnlist2 to manually refresh, IE select a catagory. It never refreshes on it's own. I have immedeate update, keep sorted, basically everything checked.

Clues?

RonR
06-25-2002, 07:23 AM
I have the same problem.

Zaphod
06-25-2002, 08:24 AM
Could you please give more information? Compiler version? Qt version? How are you determining that it is not updating? Did you turn on immediate update during the session or was it set on startup by your showeq.xml file? Please be more specific. Try turning off immediate update, do you see the same behaviour (remember it updates at whatever fpm you set when immediate update is off)?

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Mr. Suspicious
06-25-2002, 09:06 AM
Making a VERY wild guess here... judging from:

I can only get the Spawnlist2 to manually refresh, IE select a catagory.

I'm guessing you mean: whenever you select a spawn on the map, the spawnlist on the left side doesn't jump to the category the spawn belongs to. Example: You have "Alert category" in the list and select a player corpse, it doesn't jump to the "Player/Corpse category".

Guess as to the answer to that: it doesn't.

Mr Guy
06-25-2002, 09:16 AM
Ok only going to be able to give partial details until I get home for lunch, as my ISP has decided keeping an always-on connection to a cable modem is more difficult than they can imagine.

I'm running Mandrake 8.1 on a 266 with 64 megs of RAM. I have immedeate update on in the config file, I assume, since I haven't even looked at the xml, but it's on when I start the program.

What I mean by not updating is when I click on a catagory, IE players, it tells me what it currently is known. This remains static until the next time I select a catagory.

Example:

[Players]
Mr_Guy
Zaphod
Mr Suspicious

Now we hunt for a while, and fifteen million people zone in and out. During this whole time it will show:

[Players]
Mr_Guy
Zaphod
Mr Suspicious

Now if I click the catagory box and select Players again it will update and perhaps show

[Players]
Mr_Guy
Zaphod
Mr Suspicious
Sneezy
Dopey
Doc
Grumpy
Happy
Sleepy
Bashful

But it won't update it itself. I'll try turning immedeate update off, and if I have a connection when I get home, try it again.

I'll check compiler version when I get home, but what I can tell you is that they are whatever version the latest and greatest were when 4.0 first came out back at Luclin release.

I'm running the load from June 14, but this has been a persistent problem.

Zaphod
06-25-2002, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the additional info, that allowed me to narrow down the potential sources for the problem and actually find the cause. There was a bug in certain conditions when immediateUpdate was on, until my next CVS commit just turn off immediate update.

If immediate update is on when you startup that means it is configured in your showeq.xml file (due to your saving preferences). So, until my next CVS commit just disable immediate update and do a "File"->"Save Preferences" to persist the new setting.

Thanks and Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

fgay trader
06-25-2002, 02:17 PM
The list doesn't refresh only if the Immediate Update is selected. Unselecting that option makes the list refresh normally.

S_B_R
06-25-2002, 02:27 PM
Sounds kinda like the "Fast Machine" option used to be. ;)

Ratt
06-25-2002, 04:34 PM
Zaphods journey to the Dark Side is almost complete. Conquest of the galaxy is almost at hand. Excellent.