PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ Maps

Jeffst
06-28-2002, 04:14 PM
Is there any possibility making a compressed file containing all updated SEQ maps alone? For people using other clients that can't use the CVS Rep.

Mr. Suspicious
06-28-2002, 04:25 PM
Look in the right corner of this page.. see the CVS link? Click on it.

then:

* Browse CVS Repository
* Showeq/
* Maps/

There's all your mapfiles.

Jeffst
06-29-2002, 08:59 AM
That's truly great, but you seem to be forgetting in order to download all of those I would have to go through over 200 pages clicking "download" for each of the files seperately.
Now, I'm asking again, is there a possibility of making a ZIP file containing all of them?

jax
06-29-2002, 09:31 AM
If you are using windows, you could try WinCVS. www.wincvs.org I think. Or do a quick google search and find a cvs client for the operating system you are using.

z26o
06-29-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Jeffst
Is there any possibility making a compressed file containing all updated SEQ maps alone?

If you have a current install of showeq you could:

cd /usr/local/share/showeq (might be a diff path depending on your install)
tar cvf eqmaps.tar *.map
gzip eqmaps.tar

then you would have a file called eqmaps.tar.gz with all the .map files in it.

Probably not the most elegant solution, but hey, there it is.

z

Jeffst
06-29-2002, 10:47 AM
WinCVS solves my problem, thank you.
Last post is kinda irrelevant as I'm using Windows, which is why I have the problem in the first place, since I cannot use CVS.

z26o
06-29-2002, 10:56 AM
Last post is kinda irrelevant as I'm using Windows, which is why I have the problem in the first place, since I cannot use CVS.

Well you asked if it was possible to make a file containing the maps. I explained how to do that.

Sorry if it didn't help, and glad you found another solution...

z

(don't see any reference to windows in your original post)

Jeffst
06-29-2002, 03:22 PM
For people using other clients that can't use the CVS Rep.

can't use the CVS rep :)

high_jeeves
06-29-2002, 04:00 PM
That doesnt mean much.. there is a cvs.exe for windows (Actually, WinCVS is just a frontend.. when you downloaded it, you also got the command-line version which will work with all the same commands).

--Jeeves

Mr. Suspicious
06-30-2002, 07:38 AM
There's a CVS client for every mainstream OS according to http://ccvs.cvshome.org/fom//cache/1.html (Window$, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris)