PDA

View Full Version : upgrading SEQ

TheTrackingEnch
06-29-2002, 04:57 PM
I have a question regarding upgrading my current SEQ installation. I had a working version (3.2 I think) untill the Big May Patch that made the spawn list show Unknown Spawns. My question is, how do I upgrade this to the newest version of SEQ? Is there a post on just upgrading somewhere? Thank you in advance for any information anyone can give regarding this.

TheTrackingEnch

nino2469
06-29-2002, 07:03 PM
boy your about to get it!

high_jeeves
06-29-2002, 08:30 PM
Yes, there are plenty of posts on how to do that.. perhaps instead of posting and asking US to spend our time searching for them for you, You could use the "Handy Dandy Search Feature"(tm) yourself. Or even better, you could read the INSTALL or INSTALL.newbies or one of the many walkthroughs that describe that process...

--Jeeves

Cryonic
06-30-2002, 02:03 AM
,,|,, ^_^ ,,|,,

Search is your friend. I, on the other hand, am not.

RavenCT
06-30-2002, 05:32 AM
I think he's asking for one of us to come over to his house and upgrade it for him... Yea, that'll fly...

DUCK! Inc a flame

unknown_errors
07-04-2002, 11:55 AM
when installing upgrading or doing anything with show EQ its best to forget this board is here for help, the only thing i can say is that the install guides work. i dont know about updating but for the install it works. on the other hand if you get stuck and you have try the search and you have read every freaking faq readme and install guide you can find, dont post here you wont get the help you need.. i'm going to list some steps i used when trying to install seq

1) try and fail to install
2) try again, fail
(this goes on for about three days)
3) stop, go out get drunk, while thinking of your issue
sooner or later you will dream commad line. at that point get up out of bed on start working on it then and there. see where you get
other then that the common people that post here say " RTFM "
it doesn't work all the time, when your new to linux this isn't the insall to start with..

RonR
07-09-2002, 12:23 PM
Dont count on much help from here. Jeeves is the resident smart ass.

It is hard for him to give a civil, non-arrogant reply. He takes personal offense at anyone who is not as smart as he thinks he is.

Wish I could help you but I'm a newb with Linux as well.

Ron

high_jeeves
07-09-2002, 12:30 PM
RonR,

I'm getting tired of this shit around here.. Quite frankly, you can go fuck yourself.. I usually dont get this irritated with people around here, but you are a new winner, you have not participated in these boards AT ALL, and you want to complain about me? Here's the deal.. you help 10% of the people here that I help, and then say what you want.. until then.. fuck off. The question he posted is found in ATLEAST 15 posts on these boards, plus the walkthrough, plus the FAQ.. how about we make it YOUR job to run around answering these same questions constantly... we can just post your email address, and get rid of these boards completely, since you dont think USING EXISTING INFORMATION is useful anyway.

All of the information is here, people like this:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1596

who spend time doing things for themselves dont have any problem with these message boards at all, it is only the lazy fucks that want somebody to come to their house and do it for them.

So, in summary:

1) Fuck you.
2) Go fuck yourself.
3) Help other people, then complain.
4) Fuck yourself again.

I'm sick and tired of whiners coming here and only posting to complain about how other people post. You might not like my message, but I told this user EXACTLY where to find the information he needed, and based on the fact that he didnt post again, I assume he found the information, and his problem was solved. So in this ONE thread, I have provided more useful information on these boards than you ever have.

Edit: Oh, and dont bump week old closed posts for no good reason..

--Jeeves

PawnOrc
07-09-2002, 02:42 PM
And some of us are sick of your endless, endless, spamming of newbies.

Why don't you try this:

1. Ask yourself why so many people are dumping on you.
2. Read what they are saying.
3. Try real hard to stop spamming every newbie poster.
4. Go fuck -yourself-.

This place is just a dumping ground for people like you who like to degrade others.

You make me sick.

S_B_R
07-09-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by PawnOrc

Why don't you try this:

4. Go fuck -yourself-.

This place is just a dumping ground for people like you who like to degrade others.

You make me sick.

Why is it that you are so interested in What Jeeves is posting, yet you offer no answer to the question yourself? Atleast what Jeeves' post could actually be of assistance to the original poster. Your response, on the other hand, serve no purpose but your own.

S_B_R
07-09-2002, 03:09 PM
--follow up post--
I got to thinking. PawnOrc, you know if you posted the answer to the question rather than simply telling Jeeves to quit spamming "Use the Search Function" you'd be winning on 2 fronts. You'd be helping someone out by telling them the answer.
You'd also be making Jeeves (and the reset of us gangsters) look stupid too!So Why don't you start doing that and I'm sure you and the people you help will be much happier. :D

high_jeeves
07-09-2002, 04:25 PM

Why don't you try this:

4. Go fuck -yourself-.

You make me sick.

1) Actually, < 10 of the HUNDREDS of people on these message boards "dump" on me.
2) I listen well. Every time one of these threads come up, 2 people complain and 15-20 come to defend me. Apparently, you arent listening well..
3) I dont.. I think if you look at my posts for today, you will find that ALL of the ones not in this thread, are helpful to people. They come and ask reasonable question, instead of being lazy.
4) Go crawl back under your rock.. you ONLY post to badmouth other people, you are 19/19... you might not like my method, but my help percentage beats the hell out of yours.

So Why don't you start doing that and I'm sure you and the people you help will be much happier.

But then he would break his record of least helpful, loudest mouthed person on this board!

--Jeeves

RonR
07-09-2002, 08:26 PM
Jeeves,

LOL, I'll not lower myself to your level. I really dont have to say anything else. You do a fine job showing your colors.

BUT, it is a shame that newbs have to come here and take your abuse for asking simple questions. I would think that more people will agree with this.

A thanks to some of the other people who take time to help newbs and NOT treat them like jeeves.

RonR

high_jeeves
07-09-2002, 09:04 PM
LOL, I'll not lower myself to your level.

And what level is that Ron? Helping people on these boards instead of just complaining about other people? Please.. would sombody please lower themselves to that level other than the 10 or so people on these boards that do? The world would be a better place!

To all who have a problem with me:

I dont comment on threads that are already answered.. if you have a problem with my comments, the solution is simple, one of you start answering all of these repeated questions over and over again, and perhaps I wont need to post here as much. Or, you could just lurk around, and jump on me like you have been.. your call...

--Jeeves

Guygin
07-09-2002, 09:51 PM
Apparently, the meaning of the word 'Help Desk' was lost somewhere. I got to thinking, so I searched for an answer. Speaking for myself and no one else, asking for and getting 'help' can be as different as the situation dictates. I ask a question, I expect to get a wide range of answers; from the ridiculous to the sublime - but EACH and every time I will learn something - even if I learn not to ask a certain question again. When this board started, posts were made as to how a person should post and ask a question; even then the 'search' function was suggested to be tried first. Time went on, and as the code progressed, so did the difficulty of getting the answers to who needed them. As adults, 60% of us will learn from our mistakes and not make the same ones again. We then learn by doing. Its like this; Tell Me - Ill forget; Show me - I might remember, Have me do it and I will learn~

The best help here is and has been to : Search first, then post the issue if it is not covered in a previous thread. There were so many threads, it was made even EASIER for us - the step by step walk-thrus, yet the same questions keep getting asked. I wont learn by someone doing it for me - I have to do it for myself - make mistakes and learn along the way.

Personally attacking someone who spends a considerable amount of his free time directing others where to find the answers gets us no where - now it has angered the 'Don' - who may not be the supreme coder out there - but you know what - he motivates others to get out there and learn. He knows what he is talking about, otherwise he and the others as well, would not be doing it at all. In 90% of the Don's other posting, he is affable, considerate and coaches others well.

Believe me - if I can do this thing - ANYONE can do it, .... if they read the FAQ, walkthrus and use the search function.

Cryonic
07-09-2002, 10:08 PM
Well, we know the information is here in full. Why? Because I have seen several posts in the general forum where it is the posters first post and they are posting just to say they got it working with the info here and to say thanks to the developers for continued development.

Guess that means that telling someone to RTFM or "Use Search" is a usable and perfectly valid response to a repeated question.

unknown_errors
07-10-2002, 03:16 AM
you guys that spend your time here answering questions THANK YOU

but--

could you post links info the line in the walk tho we missed ?

i got show EQ working... by RTFM 35000 times ! it would have been much easier if some one would have pointed out that i missed this line, but then agian we dont want any moron using seq

Mr. Suspicious
07-10-2002, 06:32 AM
by RTFM 35000 times !

There's a distinct difference between "glancing over it" (what I think 50% does at first), "looking at it" (30%) and "reading it" (20%).

Some people (myself included I must confess) need to be slapped around a few times to finally gasp the fact that "reading it" is the thing we should've done in the first place.