PDA

View Full Version : Question on spawnpoints.

lomax
06-30-2002, 07:14 AM
Greeting all...

Yes, a little newbie here with some newbie questions.

First of tho, credit where credits due. VERY well done on writing the HOWTO's, install guides and so on. With those, and the magic search button ive managed to get most of my questions answerd, and right now my old comp is compiling seq while im at work.... Now for some questions. Im not coming home til later, and some quick answers to these questions would be great.

1. Spawnpoint logger. From what ive read ive understood SEQ remembers where a mob spawns, and after some spawns (3-4) it makes a spawnpoint there. Is this zonewide for the zone im in? Meaning, can i go to a zone, go afk there some hours and come back and have loads of spawnpoints?

1b. When a spawnpoint is established, will SEQ remember which mob comes from which point? (Asking this for the eldrig campin Skyfire, which has a PH spawnpoint, but then the PH wanders off... So beeing able to know WHICH mob came from the spawnpoint would be amazing)

2. Not rly SEQ, but to get seq running. Read Zaph saying he used TWM for a X manager. And since im on a p200, 64Mb Ram i guess i should also choose a similar low maintanence x-manager. The process of doing this is as follows (just want this confirmed, so im not messing up)

find the rpm
install it using rpm -ivh xxxxx and so on
then just use switchdesk to make twm the manager.

Why i ask is, Zaph wrote in his post "using twm, no KDE"... Yes, i admit, i havent fully grasped the difference between the enviroments, managers and alike... But the main thing here is, do i have to turn of KDE some other way then switching away from it in switchdesk?

so, there it is.. Easy enough, right? :)

flames are as allways welcome O.o

Mr. Suspicious
06-30-2002, 07:32 AM
1) Yes, providing there's people killing mobs in the zone and making things spawn.
1a) Not that am aware of (might be an option somewhere, I just don't know =)
2) You only have to use switchdesk (that is, if you have Red Hat). Most distro's come with a handfull of windowmanagers preinstalled (and TWM is as far as I know, always amongst them).

lomax
06-30-2002, 07:45 AM
thanks for the answers, and yes, its RH 7.2... but dont know it if comes installed seeing i did it the custom way. Well well, soon getting home to find out :)

Anyone got some light to shed over the tracking mob--spawnpoint issue?

Mr. Suspicious
06-30-2002, 09:50 AM
but dont know it if comes installed seeing i did it the custom way

Just run in textmode

[]# switchdesk

And it should tell you the options you have:

Red Hat Linux switchdesk 3.9
Copyright (C) 1999-2001 Red Hat, Inc
Redistributable under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence
Please specify one of either KDE, GNOME, FVWM, Enlightenment, WindowMaker or twm.

OR

run switchdesk in an xterm in a windowmanager and you'll get a grafical interface to change it.