PDA

View Full Version : won't update?!!!?!?

kefenatorjr
06-30-2002, 05:00 PM
I am installing SEQ on Red Hat 7.2, i just started not to long ago.....i have had a few problems and was wondering if the first problem was a trip that caused the next and the next....
my first problem was compiling QT....i compiled it and it finished no big deal, then i went to do this code.

echo"/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/lib" >> /etc/ld.so.conf

that just brought me to the next command line no big deal....
this is where my problem came

ldconfig

command not found

i added that line of text into that file like it suggested and it still didn't work same error

i couldn't figure out why i asked someone else that has SEQ running and he said to just skip it....so i did then i went and started to do the next part where i bring down the SEQ files
i made a /seq directory and did the commands
when i get to this one

cvs update -P

i get this error....

cvs update: No CVSROOT specified! Please use the -d option cvs [update aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.

what should i do and what am i doing wrong....
thanks in advance,
chad

high_jeeves
06-30-2002, 05:12 PM
Follow the walkthrough! Your command is trying to UPDATE ShowEQ.

UPDATE generally implies that it is already there, and you are getting a new version. You need to INSTALL. To do that, you should follow one of the many install guides posted here.

--Jeeves

kefenatorjr
06-30-2002, 05:19 PM
i'm sorry i am not a linux person and i know you guys get annoyed when people make little mistakes but thanks for telling me.....but do you have any idea about the first problem i had???

Hackem
07-01-2002, 05:02 AM
Use this link ! (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?threadid=273)

well.. use it step by step.. and when you wanna upgrade after a patch just open a shell and type "bash seq.txt" and you will be upgradet..

Gluck

Mr. Suspicious
07-01-2002, 06:15 AM
ldconfig

command not found

Most likely you don't have it set in your path. Refer to the Red Hat documentation to setup the path to ldconfig.

I highly de-recommend (is that a word? NOT recommend) to use any "bash seq.txt" or other script you didn't wrote yourself. Changes are high (100% in this case) the script isn't up-to-date and will cause an error message during the execution. Instead read and follow the included INSTALL.newbies file:

- Click CVS on the top right ide of the forum
- Click Browse CVS Repository
- Click showeq/
- Click INSTALL.newbies
- Click (view) // on the latest revision

OR read the file that can be found in the showeq directory