PDA

View Full Version : No QT meta object compiler (moc) found!

Concordon
06-30-2002, 07:19 PM
I am a moron you can flame me but please help while flaming. I am running REDHAT 6.2 and have qt-2.3.2 on it and gcc-3.0.1.

Whenever I attempt to ./configure the showeq file it begins the process and the gives me the message:

Configure: error: No QT meta object compiler (moc) found! Please check that you haveinstalled QT correctly. You need to have a running MOC binary. configure tried to run and the test didn't succeed. If configure shouldn't have tried this one, set the environment variable MOC to the right one before running configure.

Well, I don't know how to set the environment variable for MOC. I did ry to set the path for moc using:
set $PATH=/usr/bin/qt/src/moc
as well as
./configure --with-moc=/usr/bin/qt/src/moc

OK tell me what I am doing wrong. my echo $PATH is:

/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/matrix/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home?matrix/bin

I know it looks UGLY

Thanks for any help

CONCORDON

Hackem
07-01-2002, 04:57 AM
"I am running REDHAT 6.2 and ..."

i know its not much help but why dont you upgrade to 7.2 and just run the "todo"? that should eleminate all problems if u follow it to the point AND u have a HUB.

Mr. Suspicious
07-01-2002, 06:24 AM
set the environment variable MOC to the right one before running configure.

This directly points to step 1.8 in the INSTALL.newbies file provided with the software.

Please read and follow the included INSTALL.newbies file:

- Click CVS on the top right ide of the forum
- Click Browse CVS Repository
- Click showeq/
- Click INSTALL.newbies
- Click (view) // on the latest revision

OR read the file that can be found in the showeq directory