PDA

View Full Version : Missing files/No movement

Repty
07-01-2002, 06:01 AM
Hello,

I've set myself up a copy of SEQ 4 using the INSTALL.newbies instructions. And everything works fine until I have to compile SEQ itself. (after the final make and make install commands)
It does a whole lot of stuff, but when I for example go to /usr/local/bin (as the instructions tell me to do right before typing ./showeq...) I see that theres no bin directory.
When I just type in showeq eth0 --ip-address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx it loads SEQ but I see these messages:

Using config file '/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml'
Loaded preferences file= /usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml!
Unable to open file: /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml!
... (listening for... etc)
Loading filters from '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'
No Zone Specific filter file '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters_unknown.conf'.
Loading default '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'.
Categories Reloaded
Error opening map file '/usr/local/share/showeq/unknown.map'!
Opcode Logging Mask:0 0 0

SEQ loads but nothing happens, empty black map window, no sniffing going on.

Additionally heres how my network is set up, in case that would be the problem.
Im connected to cable, my main PC with EQ/windows is connected to it. I have 2 ethernet cards in the main PC, one cable running to the second one with SEQ/Linux.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Regards,
Repty

Mr. Suspicious
07-01-2002, 06:09 AM
but when I for example go to /usr/local/bin (as the instructions tell me to do right before typing ./showeq...)

The INSTALL.newbies in the most current version does NOT tell you to do that. This leads me to believe you do not have the latest version.

Please consult the INSTALL.newbies in the current CVS.

- Click CVS on the top right ide of the forum
- Click Browse CVS Repository
- Click showeq/
- Click INSTALL.newbies
- Click Revision 1.2 / (view)

I have 2 ethernet cards in the main PC, one cable running to the second one with SEQ/Linux.

As the router PC will not send the data Showeq needs to sniff to the showeq box in this setup it'll never work. This issue is dealt with almost 2 to 3 times a day, please use the searchoption on the term network

Repty
07-01-2002, 06:13 AM
2.3 Starting ShowEQ
[]# export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2
[]# cd /usr/local/bin
[]# ./showeq eth0 --ip-address=10.0.0.10

;)

Okay, ill look it up!

Thanks!

Mr. Suspicious
07-01-2002, 06:28 AM
Arf, you're right, I'm wrong. Let me have a look at it and think if a change is needed. There's a few minor typo's in it anyway, so this is as good a reason as any to change them =) It's not wrong, as the directory the showeq executable is copied to IS /usr/local/bin/

Anyway, not related to your problem, your network setup isn't correct.