PDA

View Full Version : No showeq.conf ?

Gimp
07-02-2002, 07:38 AM
Hi,

Followed the 7.2 guide and installed, compiled etc but when I get to this step, there is no showeq.conf.dist file.

5.) goto /usr/local/share/showeq and edit the showeq.conf.dist file to your taste. i usually "cp showeq.conf.dist showeq.conf" then i have a backup of the .dist version.

Code:
cp /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf.dist /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf
pico -w /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf

ShowEQ actually ran when I tested, but there is no showeq.conf, or I can't find it...

Any suggestions?

fgay trader
07-02-2002, 07:49 AM
:rolleyes: .conf files are gone now that SEQ uses the new XML-structured configuration files that you should never need to edit manually. Most (if not all) of the options are now configurable via the various menus in the SEQ itself.

The news about these changes were posted in the ShowEQ Annoucements section. Next time before posting a question you might want to use the Search button on this board, as chances are your question was already asked and answered in other threads. This way you will avoid the wrath of The Don :p

Mr. Suspicious
07-02-2002, 08:21 AM
chances are your question was already asked and answered in other threads.

Chances are? Chances are? this particular one is asked DAILY!

TweedleDee
07-03-2002, 10:16 AM
Just out of curiosity, is there any way one of the guru's can unlock the thread to edit the walkthrough? Or is the guru that made the thread on the other board long gone? Should we maybe copy and paste the thread to our board and sticky it with the needed changes? - giving props to the original poster of course.

/shrug - just a thought

Mr. Suspicious
07-04-2002, 04:45 AM
Should we maybe copy and paste the thread to our board and sticky it with the needed changes? - giving props to the original poster of course.

Read the INSTALL.newbies provided with SEQ, also findable via a browser, browsing the CVS rep *points up to the CVS link* and you'll find that what you propose isn't needed.