PDA

View Full Version : Error after your friendly search

el_gremlin
07-04-2002, 02:05 PM
hehe if somone could tell me how to get around this i got QT DLed and compiled ran ./configure then ran make in the showeq dir but at the end of it i get

m_packet.ccp: in fuction '(static initializers for m_packer.cpp)':
m_packet.cpp:37: no matching function for call to 'QMetaObjectinit::QmetaOBjectInit (QMetaObjectInit(const QMetaObject init &)
/MY DIR HERE/qt/include/qmetaobject.h:259: qMetaOjecti nit::qmetaobjectinit(void (*)()))
make[1]: *** [m_packet.o] error 1
make[1[: leaving directory 'my dir here'
make: *** [install-resursive] Error 1

tryd search but didn't help =) need anymore leme know
i did read the install and followed it every lil step it asked

Mr Guy
07-04-2002, 02:10 PM
You've managed to cut off the least interesting part.

Tell us what it says right before that, where apparently it found something it didn't like in the packet file source.

Mr. Suspicious
07-04-2002, 02:26 PM
i got QT DLed and compiled ran ./configure then ran make in the showeq dir but at the end of it i get

Mr Guy is right, you didn't post any error message, just the make leaving directories. Anyhow, your text (wich isn't a lot to go on) indicates you are not following a correct way of setup. Please read the INSTALL.newbies file found in your ShowEQ directory or via browing the CVS repository *points to the link in the top right corner of this page, named CVS* (don't just "glare" over it, READ it).

Mr. Suspicious
07-04-2002, 02:36 PM
DON'T EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST!

Sjees, it's very bad nettiquette to do so and confusing for the people trying to reply to your 'issue'

QT issue from the looks of it, looks I am right and you indeed didn't set the environment variables before running ./configure, once again, please read the INSTALL.newbies file to see what you did forget.

Added before any other replies got posted: Do a search on the error message m_packet.cpp:37: no matching function for call to and see that, ah yes, it's been discussed before.

el_gremlin
07-04-2002, 02:44 PM
i did set the variables in .profile and .login and sorry bout that

***.pofile file ***
----------------------
QTDIR=(MY DIR)
PATH=$QTDIR/BIN:$PATH
MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

export QTDIR PATH MANPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

*** .login file ***
----------------------
setenv ATDIR (MY DIR)
setenv PATH $QTDIR/bin:$PATH
setenv MANPATH $QTDIR/doc/man:$PATH
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

that is exactly what the .install file told me to put if i did somthing wrong just yell at my n00b arse some thanx for all the help so far

S_B_R
07-04-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by el_gremlin
QTDIR=(MY DIR)You didn't actually "(MY DIR)" in there did you? If you did, that's your problem. (MY DIR) should be replaced with the directory were you installed QT, usually it's /usr/lib/qt-2.3.2 or something similar. it would look something like
QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2

Also like Mr. Suspicious said, please don't edit your original post, and a new post to the end of the thread. It helps you out by bumping your thread backup to the top and it helps us know that you (or someone) has added information to the thread.

el_gremlin
07-04-2002, 03:41 PM
no i realy didn't put (my dir)

Mr. Suspicious
07-04-2002, 04:56 PM
that is exactly what the .install file told me to put

this is NOT what the INSTALL.newbies (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/INSTALL.newbies?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup) file tells you to do, please read that file as I suggested before.

el_gremlin
07-04-2002, 07:43 PM
doh my stupidity hits me again thanx for all the help and patients

el_gremlin
07-04-2002, 08:00 PM
that is install for linux red hat 7.2 guess i will just have to find a way to get linux rd7.2 then i am running 6.2 atm that was probly my problem

Mr. Suspicious
07-04-2002, 08:29 PM
It's a walk through for 7.2 but if you can get the mentioned packages for 6.2 (some might be included, others possibly findable via http://www.rpmfind.net) it should work the same. Aslong as you use GCC3+ and G++3+ and at least QT2.3.2 (QT has to be compiled with GCC3+ and G++3+ aswell)

Not a bad idea to switch to 7.2 or 7.3 anyway... but as far as I can tell not "mandatory".

As to "where to find..." download the ISO's from http://www.redhat.com burn them onto CD and Voila...