PDA

View Full Version : No mobs in The Deep?

Naki
07-04-2002, 11:11 PM
Got everything up and working now, but when I zoned into The Deep, the spawn list was empty. Wondering if anyone else is having the same problem and if there is a fix for it.

Hum, same problem in Skyshrine..

Naki
07-04-2002, 11:30 PM
ahh nm, took a few min to come up heh

reaver
07-05-2002, 07:54 AM
big zones, lotsa mobs, takes lil longer to decode/process.

-Reaver

high_jeeves
07-05-2002, 08:17 AM
Actually, as in all zones, this is more related to the frequency of new spawns than in the size of the zone... The # of mobs in a zone affects the decode time by very little. Once the key is found, decoded takes almost no time at all, and time to find the key isnt related to # of spawns in the zone.

--Jeeves

Naki
07-05-2002, 06:14 PM
The spawn list dont seem to show up or show up much later when the zone is empty. Is there a way to fix that?

high_jeeves
07-05-2002, 07:26 PM
I've tried my best english decoding skills, but I have no idea what you just asked... perhaps you could clarify?

--Jeeves

Naki
07-05-2002, 07:36 PM
Lol, sorry.. Just wanted to make sure. Are there anyway of fixing this or is it simply nothing can be done and you just have to wait for the spawn list to show up.

high_jeeves
07-05-2002, 07:42 PM
That wasnt much better, but I think I know what you are asking...

As has been stated in about 1 million places (give or take).. and in the FAQ (FAQ? Who reads that?):

For a zone to decode, something must spawn. That could be a MOB, player, or pet. Until this happens, the zone will not (atleast not within a few hours) decode correctly.

--Jeeves

guice
07-07-2002, 09:52 AM
For a zone to decode, something must spawn. That could be a MOB, player, or pet. Until this happens, the zone will not (atleast not within a few hours) decode correctly.

/em hugs his Holgresh Elder Beads.

fryfrog
07-07-2002, 11:33 AM
if you want the spawn list to be "populated" before it decodes, just find the option that is something like "show unknown spawns". this will show lots of "unknown" things in the spawn list, but at least you can see how many unknowns there are :)

Aldous
07-23-2002, 01:06 PM
so does spawning more mobs speed it up? i thought just spawning one was enough for it to go off.

fryfrog
07-23-2002, 01:23 PM
spawning one thing should be enough.

Mr. Suspicious
07-23-2002, 04:15 PM
spawning one thing should be enough.

Note the should there, some zones with almost no activity (like the Deep) I noticed I had to summon a pet a few times (in a period of half an hour) to make it decode. On a raid hoiwever, with lots of things dying fast and lots of people zoning in, it decodes very fast.

dogmeat
10-23-2002, 08:41 PM
I have updated my opcodes.h and recompiled, and I now get a list of "uknown" spawns listed under the "All" node, with proper X,Y locations. However, they don't show up on the map.

In showeq.conf i have:

[Map]
ShowUnknownSpawns 1

[Misc]
CreateUnknownSpawns 1

showeq used to show all my unknown spawns on the map, but since I updated to a patch recently (month or two ago) it stopped showing them by default. That was OK when decode was working. The CHANGES file says "set CreateUnknownSpawns default to ON" because people didn't realize that this was necessary for ShowUnknownSpawns to work. I have verified that the Create Unknown Spawns menu item is checked. I noticed there wasn't any entry for it in the showeq.conf file, though, so I added it. Didn't seem to make a difference. Doesn't seem to be using the showeq.conf settings.

I searched and found this thread, which seemed like a close problem Any help is appreciated. I want unknown spawns to be displayed as grey dots on the map.

high_jeeves
10-23-2002, 09:30 PM
Um.. well, since ShowEQ hasnt used the .conf file in about 6 months or so, that could be the problem. Please search for read the FAQ before you bump a 6 month old post.

--Jeeves