PDA

View Full Version : cygwin.. possible?? many say no.. I say yes

Phish1982
07-07-2002, 02:36 PM
with cygwin.. and some searching.. you can obtain rpm.. gcc3.. and and qt / kde for cygwin.. with all of these things.. I see it very possible to get showeq running.. I know most of you hate windows.. but I was just wondering if any of you think the same.. or if anyone has tried this and failed.. thank you :)

high_jeeves
07-07-2002, 03:08 PM
It doesnt work because it wont link in libEQ... it just doesnt... feel free to try, many others have... If you searched for cygwin, you would know this. To the best of my knowledge winpcap/libpcap arent available/funtional within cygwin... Generally speaking, unless you want to be the person responsible for making life very difficult for alot of people, just leave it alone.

--Jeeves

fryfrog
07-07-2002, 04:47 PM
i don't think any of us have a hate for windows, it has its uses. without windows, we wouldn't be playing eq (and thus not need showeq, right?). the reason we don't like showeq for windows is because we prefer to have showeq. if showeq for windows existed, then it would be broken 1 or 2 days after it was released.

its all just a little bit of history repeating...