PDA

View Full Version : max cvs anon users?

sequser
07-07-2002, 04:49 PM
I remember having this same problem months and months ago when I last did all this, but I dont remember the solution.

I just did a fresh install of Mandrake 8.1 after my machine ate itself.

Now I am stuck again trying to do cvs login.

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login

I get a password prompt. When I hit return, I get authorization failed, blah blah rejected access to /cvsroot:/seq for user anonymous

I did

export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected] :/cvsroot/seq

then tried

cvs login

and

cvs co showeq

one of which I thought was what worked for me last time, but same exact results.

So, I'm wondering, are there just too many anonymous users logged in right now? Is that the problem? Or is it something else?

Thanks in advance.

high_jeeves
07-07-2002, 05:19 PM
Yes, that is the problem.. just be patient and try again in a bit...

--Jeeves

fgay trader
07-08-2002, 08:18 AM
Damn those lazy bums who forget to do a "cvs logout"! ;)

Cryonic
07-08-2002, 11:05 AM
I'm so lazy I don't even do a cvs login, just cd showeq/; cvs -z3 update; make -f Makefile.dist; ./configure; make -j5

high_jeeves
07-08-2002, 11:18 AM
Login is implicit in all commands if you have a .cvspass file in your home directory. This file is created when you do a cvs login initially. You did it once, so you never have to do it again.

Login/Logout on CVS DO NOT create a persistent connection. All logging out does is delete an entry from your .cvspass file, it doesnt actually do anything on the server. The CVS server gets full because of people actively transacting with the server, not because people dont logout.

--Jeeves

sequser
07-08-2002, 02:03 PM
I have been unable to login for the last 18 hours. I was trying about once every 15 min for about 8 hours straight yesterday night and then again this morning.

Is there a typo in this command?

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot:/seq login

The error message I get is:

cvs login: authorization failed: server cvs.seq.sourceforge.net rejected access to /cvsroot:/seq for the user anonymous

thanks

Mr. Suspicious
07-08-2002, 02:06 PM
cvs -dserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot:/seq login

Why the .... do you put a ":" at that spot? And why do you type the correct one in your original post? You are confusing yourself! Do yourself a favour and look up the corect syntax in the INSTALL.newbies (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/INSTALL.newbies?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup) file

Dedpoet
07-09-2002, 08:28 AM
I have also seen this error when behind a firewall that didn't allow the CVS port to pass through. Are you trying to do this from work, by chance? Maybe you're at home and are running some sort of firewall?

-Dedpoet

sequser
07-09-2002, 01:06 PM
colon in the wrong place was the problem.

Why the hell doesnt "Konsole" support paste? And for that matter why do none of the terminals seem to support copy?

Cryonic
07-09-2002, 01:39 PM
highlight text, go to Konsole, hit the middle mouse button (of if on a two-button mouse, hit both buttons together). There you just copied and pasted to/from Konsole to/from other apps.