PDA

View Full Version : minor problem

pooka
07-09-2002, 02:37 PM
How important is these 2 commands?

cp /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf.dist /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf
pico -w /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf

i tried to do it.. but it tells me i don't have showeq.conf in the directory...

so i skipped and eventhough showEq worked correctly without it.. i'm just curious how important is showeq.conf

thank you

TDES
07-09-2002, 03:01 PM
This is where this change was posted originally.

CVS Commit, May 11, 2002
dohpaZ (11/05/02)
------------------
Modifications:

version 4.2.0

(snip)
No longer save preferences on exit, only save when user chooses to via the menu "File" -> "Save Preferences" or via the CTRL+S accelerator

Migrated to an XML based preference system.

The configuration file seqdef.xml contains the ShowEQ defaults and will usually only be modified to change site specific things, if ever.

The user configuration file showeq.xml can be used as a template to create user specific overrides of specific options. It contains Category Manager and Message Box (Channel messages) window descriptions by default. Many user settable parameters may now be set via the GUI and will be saved to this file via the "File" menu's "Save Preferences" option.

The DTD describing the specific XML format used in the files is called seqpref.dtd for those who understand such things.

The old configuration files will no longer be used, a method for migrating configuration information from these files has not been provided.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

high_jeeves
07-09-2002, 04:33 PM
I'm adding this to the FAQ and crediting you, TDES.. this comes up alot lately..

--Jeeves