PDA

View Full Version : latest update a few minor problems and questions..please

ladybat
07-09-2002, 07:08 PM
I just did the latest cvs a few minutes ago..

Not sure I like the changes but here are the two biggest ones I notice and was wondering if anyone could offer me some help.

First, the build I had before would always show the mobs even before seq got hold of the key and decoded in other words you could see them as grey dots...( well most of them lol)...

with this newest build I dont see any of them at all until the zone decodes....

The biggest thing though is it is very SLOW....

when the zone does decode the mob movement is very jerky it was wayyyyyyy smoother before I did this latest cvs update.......

I even adjust the framerate up to 60 fps and its still really jerky.....this is the big one Id like to fix if possible..

the mahcines a ps 350 with like 196 mb ram so power isnt a problem adn it always was smooth as silk before but its not now....

any advice or help would be much appreciated

thank you kindly

Michelle

ladybat
07-09-2002, 07:21 PM
wellllll....

I was using the wrong search word under performance I found several useful tidbits ( thanks all) and it was the animate spawn feature that was my problem....

so the only other question I haev is about how seq now doesnt show any mobs at all until the zone decodes......is that normal now?

thank you!!!!!

high_jeeves
07-09-2002, 07:45 PM
If you continue to use the search feature (thanks for using it to find one answer), you might find:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1386
My search term was "unknown spawn"

--Jeeves

ladybat
07-09-2002, 08:38 PM
thanks for the help...I never would have thought of using unknown spawn as a search term