PDA

View Full Version : Question about spawn logging......

kabl
07-12-2002, 12:28 PM
When i have seq running it creates spawn points and tells me what last spawned in the spot but only for SOME of the spawn points does it show the timer countdown to next spawn....

Some it shows for some it doesnt..

Question is why does this happen and how can i fix it if i can ? hehe gimmi the low down on it!

Thanx in advance!

fryfrog
07-12-2002, 01:08 PM
the only spawn points it can "know" are the ones that are fixed. eq is NOT JUST fixed spawn points with fixed timers.

it learns each zone by watching things spawn, when it finds patterns it can give you the count down. if there is no pattern, it can take a few cycles before it realizes its a random spawn time or a random spawn point.

so, to summerize... if you stay in the zone for a long time it will:
1.) show spawn points AND spawn times for the ones that are fixed and known to be fixed (by the software)
2.) show spawn points without timers that might be fixed but have a random spawn time
3.) show and remove spawn points that it determines are random spawn points with perhaps random timers.

that clarify? i think i'll add this to the faq.

toddlar
07-14-2002, 05:00 AM
I was wondering about that too, thanks fryfrog.

Mr. Suspicious
08-01-2002, 06:42 PM
I figuere this is the best place to add my "problem" and to ask for some advice. I've been keeping track on spawns in the Temple of Veeshan in the last few weeks.

I noticed that no spawn-times are recorded in the templeveeshan.sp file for spawns with a longer spawntime then 12 minutes. Only the "hatchlings" are recorded (spawntime of around 12 minutes)

-626 -382 40 1251 9
-753 -682 40 1234 9

yet for instance the 72 minute spawns in the North Wing, never get recorded:

-1019 1821 1999 0 7 {Ancient Guardian at Zlex lair}

I found lildr00d's list of spawnpoints (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1502&highlight=spawn) and noticed the same thing in his/her .sp files.

I was wondering if I could "help" the .sp file a bit with adding the time to it... simple decryption of the line (adding for future reference, didn't find anything related to this in the search, searching for "spawn", so please feel free to correct it if I am wrong):

<X> <Y> <Z> <spawntime in minutes*100 + seconds> <number of times a spawn happened at loc>

so make the above mentioned specific line:

-1019 1821 1999 7200 7

So wrapping everything up: can I add/change spawnpoints to the list manually without ShowEQ deleting them again if it feels it should? Further added question: Does it "pull" the lastspawn and time of lastspawn information showed in the tooltips from the spawnlog.txt file (since those aren't stored in the .sp file) or does it store those somewhere else?

Mr. Suspicious
08-02-2002, 08:13 PM
Correcting an assumption,

it's actually:

<X> <Y> <Z> <spawntime in seconds> <number of times a spawn happened at loc>

So 1h:12 minutes (the correct spawntime of NToV mobs) convert to: 4320 and not to 7200 as I assumed beforehand.

It's indeed possible to "help the .sp file", I added the time to the spawns and it corrected them after it saw a spawn appear. I can only assume at this point that once it records a time, it will correct it after the next spawn (and not default back to 0 as I feared) this still doesn't explain as to why for some spawns with a high number of recorded spawns (12) it still doesn't record the time yet... even tho the deaths of the mob and the respawn happened in the same session (no zone-outs in between)

Still need to dive into the code to see where the last spawned information is retrieved from. I highly doubt it's from spawnlog.txt, since that would mean for some people it would have to parse a huge file, not that it can't be done, but it strikes me as highly unefficient and unelegant.

Cryonic
08-02-2002, 09:01 PM
Probably holds the last spawned here info in memory, then forgets it when you shut it down.

Mr. Suspicious
08-03-2002, 06:16 AM
Probably holds the last spawned here info in memory, then forgets it when you shut it down.

That was what I was thinking aswell. If this is true, I'll be looking to change some code to make it "remember" the spawn, as a monk, I die often (well, not often, but often enough to zone several times in a raid) due to dots and ae's in NToV and it's annoing to "lose" the estimate repop times after the res.

I'll post my finding here, so if in the future someone's looking for info on this can find it.

Alwayslost
09-15-2002, 05:51 PM
I Just updated SEQ and LOVE the changes. I love the spawn point timer and the new stability...

But, since I have been using SEQ for a while now, when I Show Spawn Points in a zone I have hunted extensively in the past, the screen is literally filled with little grey plus signs, I mean THOUSANDS of them.

After doing a search I found that I can delete one spawn point but that will take WEEKS for each zone... Is there a single file I can delete that will be recreated when I start SEQ again?

Other than that? I was unable to find anything that was helpful in this circumstance.

As usual, any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Mr. Suspicious
09-15-2002, 06:06 PM
Is there a single file I can delete that will be recreated when I start SEQ again?

the file: <zone_short_name>.sp in /usr/local/share/showeq/ holds the spawnpoints.

Alwayslost
09-15-2002, 09:37 PM
Thanks! I was able to clear the list with a text editer, bur deleting the file caused the map to not load... ok, I figured that all out, but now it is not tracking the spawn points... VERY weird

I've tried everything I can find... most weird..