can download it
2. Also what version of qt does the newest version of showeq
need.
3. If any one has any information on porting to 4.2 FBSD please
post url to that info.

thanks.

Dedpoet
07-15-2002, 11:50 AM
I don't want to be mean, but please read the FAQ (http://fryfrog.dyndns.org:81/ShowEQ-FAQ.html) which is in development. This is covered in question 2.5.

Seq is not distributed in a tar format any longer, it is checked out using CVS. You can click on the CVS link in the top right of this page and take a look at the documents. The INSTALL.newbies file also tells you how to get what you need. Also check a few threads below this for the RedHat walkthru. I know it's not BSD, but most of the procedure will be the same.

FreeBSD may or may not work. I don't recall anyone saying they have it working on that platform, but if you get the correct libraries, there is really no reason why it shouldn't.

Edit: Added the FAQ section number.

Slam
07-15-2002, 01:28 PM
instead of stating "Search" ^_^ quick answer

http://www.hackersquest.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=275

it states

cd /root
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq co showeq
cd /root/showeq
cvs update -P
cvs -d :pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq logout

By doing that it will download the most recent version.. to my knowledge.

Slam

Dedpoet
07-15-2002, 01:47 PM
The "cvs update -P" line is redundant. No need to update something you just checked out.

Slam
07-15-2002, 02:04 PM
Figured that.
but I didnt want to change anything from what the other page stated.

Slam

Asterof
07-15-2002, 08:46 PM
need to hire somone to install qt onto fbsd 4.2 as a starter
been trying for two days now
can not get it correct

fryfrog
07-15-2002, 09:02 PM
make it easier on yourself and just use redhat, mandrake or gentoo linux.

Asterof
07-15-2002, 09:20 PM
nah on a quest now

Curve
07-16-2002, 02:21 PM
Ive gotten it to work on FreeBSD 4.5 so it is possible...A friend and I hacked away at a lot of it and had to delete a ton of stuff from multiple areas. Unfortunately, I didnt do most of the hacking on it so I couldnt give you a walkthrough real quick but I might be able to get him to write me a step by step for yall.

Asterof
07-16-2002, 03:47 PM
or see if you friend would consder working on mine for a fee

Asterof
07-16-2002, 04:49 PM
will 2.3.1 work in place of 2.3.2 cause FBSD has a port for
2.3.1 would make it easier

fryfrog
07-16-2002, 04:53 PM
2.3.1 had bugs in it which is why they need 2.3.2 :)

Mr. Suspicious
07-16-2002, 05:00 PM
There's a qt-3.0.3_5 port for FreeBSD and I found a qt 2.3.2 port on some Japanese site to... All I did (for giggles) was do a search on http://www.google.com with the searchterm "freebsd qt 2.3.2"

You might also click on Patches link on the top right of the messageforum, there's someone that's submitting FreeBSD portability patches, they might help you along.

casey
07-16-2002, 06:44 PM
Ive gotten it to work on FreeBSD 4.5 so it is possible...A friend and I hacked away at a lot of it and had to delete a ton of stuff from multiple areas. Unfortunately, I didnt do most of the hacking on it so I couldnt give you a walkthrough real quick but I might be able to get him to write me a step by step for yall.

just have your friend do this.

cvs -z3 diff -c > fbsd.diff

it would be better to update before diffing, but that may generate confilcts, and unless he is familiar enough with cvs, he doesnt want that. With a patch submitted, it would be possible to create a cvs branch and apply that patch to it, pending possible updating and merging back to the main branch (depending on what all was changed). If nothing else, you would be contributing your changes back so that other fbsd users could do

cvs -z3 co -rfreebsd showeq

to get stuff that would work for them out of the box.

Asterof
07-16-2002, 09:23 PM
guess I will forget the whole thing
thanks

Curve
07-21-2002, 09:01 AM
Works for me...Thanks Casey

Exo
08-02-2002, 01:57 PM
Did this fbsd change still require QT compiled with -thread? I really don't feel like attempting to hack QT to try and make that happen.