PDA

View Full Version : A few problems

FirstBorn
07-17-2002, 08:28 PM
Pardon me if these are easy questions, I'm new to this.

I installed SEQ, according to the following instructions I found on the old message boards, on a Redhat 7.0 workstation installation on an old P5 233 with 128 meg of ram. The install went without a hitch and I have SEQ running with only a few problems.

1. All the Spawns, drops, ETC in my spawnlist are listed as "Unknown" with no information about HP, ETC. Although SEQ is reading the packets from my EQ system as I can watch my Character run around the map/grid.
2. SEQ seems to occasionally lock up the system randomly. Sometimes it runs for a few minutes then locks, other times for longer.

The installation instructions I followed to get where I am are below.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can offer.
FirstBorn

<Install instructions>
1. Install RedHat 7.0 on a newly formatted partition. The installer program will lead you through the process and everything in it is basically self-explanitory. If you have install problems that noone can answer on here, you can go to any Linux message board and get help if you need it. When the installer first gives you options of what to install (like there will be "Workstation", "Server", and "Custom") select Workstation. It doesn't matter if you use KDE or Gnome; if you have sufficient hard drive space just install both. Login as root after it's finished installing, and it will either automatically boot into X (graphical mode), or you can type the command startx in the console after you login.

2. Save the file http://libeq.trifocus.net/libeq/i386/linux/libEQ.a as /usr/lib/libEQ.a (with Netscape).
If trifocus is down download http://www.krisp.com/libEQ.a.gz as /usr/lib/libEQ.a.gz and do gunzip /usr/lib/libEQ.a.gz

3. Save the file ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/red...0.4-39.i386.rpm as /root/libpcap-0.4-39.rpm
(again with Netscape)

4. Open a console window.
Remember that anything that is not a plain English sentence is a command run in the console! E.g. the next line (after the number) should be typed in the console!

5. cd /root
You're probably already there.

6. rpm -Uvh libpcap-0.4-39.rpm

7a. rpm -qa | grep qt-devel
If this returns a line with qt-devel in it, continue to step 8. If it returns nothing, go to step 7b.

7b. If you have RedHat 7.1:
Save ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/....3.0-3.i386.rpm as /root/qt-devel-2.3.0.rpm
If you have RedHat 7.0:
Save ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/....beta2.i386.rpm as /root/qt-devel-2.2.0.rpm

7c. If you have RedHat 7.1:
rpm -ivh qt-devel-2.3.0.rpm
If you have RedHat 7.0:
rpm -ivh qt-devel-2.2.0.rpm

8. mkdir showeq

9. cd showeq

10. export CVSROOT=server:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq
No, nothing is supposed to happen here.

11. cvs login
Just hit Enter when it asks for a password, i.e. there is no password.

12. cvs co linux

13. cvs logout
If this gives an error just continue on to step 14.

14. cd linux

15. make -f Makefile.dist

16. ./configure && make
If this errors out with something about QT do
ln -s /usr/lib/qt-2.3.0 /usr/lib/qt
and retry this step.
If that does not work and you have just installed or upgraded a QT RPM, try rebooting the computer.

17. make install

18. cd /usr/local/share/showeq

19. cp showeq.conf.dist showeq.conf
If you already had ShowEQ installed you don't need to do this or the next step.

20. cp filters.conf.dist filters.conf
Again, if you already have one you don't need to do it, however you still may want to because the Caution and Special categories have been added.

21. Edit the file showeq.conf to your own custom settings: it is pretty self-explanitory and the default settings work fine for most people. You will, however, need to change the IP setting to the IP of your EQ computer. You can also put filters, alerts, and cautions in the filters.conf file, if you can figure out how to use it, that is. I'm in the process of writing a detailed guide on the subject.

22. showeq
If you get "bash: showeq: command not found" you don't have /usr/local/bin in your path. You'll have to do /usr/local/bin/showeq instead of just showeq if you don't want to update the path.

(V2.5.6)

[This message has been edited by adenine! (edited 12-15-2001).]

fryfrog
07-17-2002, 08:35 PM
try doing "cvs co showeq" instead of "cvs co linux" the version changed a LONG time ago. i think you will also find that a fresh install of rh 7.2 or mdk 8.2 will be easier on you.

once you have checked out "showeq" instead of linux, there is a newbies install file you can follow :)

Dedpoet
07-18-2002, 06:34 AM
This could also be a problem:

7b. If you have RedHat 7.1:
Save ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/....3.0-3.i386.rpm as /root/qt-devel-2.3.0.rpm
If you have RedHat 7.0:
Save ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/....beta2.i386.rpm as /root/qt-devel-2.2.0.rpm

We're using Qt 2.3.2 now, not 2.3.0. I recommend this (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=273) thread as an install guide. You may have a few difficulties getting Seq running on RH 7.0. People have done it, but several of the libraries are out of date. Make sure you get the correct versions of everything you need (or install 7.2 instead) and you should be fine.