PDA

View Full Version : qt-x11-2.3.2.tar.gz issues

MADMIKE66
07-18-2002, 10:26 PM
hi,

im trying to gunzip qt-x11-2.3.2.tar.gz and at the end it comes up with an error. saying the file had an unexpected end to the file.. i got this file from the links provided. anyone have any ideas why im getting this error??

the size of the file i have is 8.6 megs... should it be bigger?

oh btw i did a search to make sure i wasnt asking a repeat question.. just to make sure i didnt make anyone angry

thanks guys

Mike:confused:

Cryonic
07-18-2002, 10:58 PM
redownload. The file is corupt and needs to be retrieved again.

fryfrog
07-18-2002, 11:01 PM
you can gunzip with tar too... "tar zxvf" will untar and gunzip a file. but yeah, your qt tar.gz file is probably just corrupt, re download it ;)

MADMIKE66
07-18-2002, 11:04 PM
yea, i tried to download it 4 times already.. it keeps saying the samething.. im running SUSE 8.0 PRO and it seems that there isnt much help on this distro of Linux.. so im going back and forth on the other help installs.. for red hat and mandrake..

MADMIKE66
07-18-2002, 11:58 PM
ok i got that fixxed i just used windows to open it then ported it over to my linux box..

im still having huge issues compiling this tho..

i just installed suse for the first time ever, this is my first linux experience so everything is new to me.

i have this one question.

when i go to do the ./configure what does this actually mean? i do this followed by the make yet it tells me that the directory doesnt exist..

Mr. Suspicious
07-19-2002, 05:30 AM
i just installed suse for the first time ever, this is my first linux experience so everything is new to me.

Get Red Hat or Mandrake; SuSe is more difficult to gasp then Red Hat and Mandrake if you are a starter with Linux (Like when the first time you started learning Maths, you didn't start with Alogrithms, but instead started with 1 x 1 = 1, 1 x 2 = 2, 1 x 3 = 3. Learning curve of Linux distro's is like that: start easy, once learned, go more difficult :P)