PDA

View Full Version : gcc3.1 & ShowEQ

EtherMage
07-19-2002, 07:44 AM
I just thought I'd ask: anyone got ShowEQ working with gcc 3.1 or 3.1.1? I tried and failed to get it working in Gentoo; got ShowEQ running fine on 2 debian/unstable boxes running gcc3.0. I do note that the configure script doesn't check for gcc-3.1 or g++-3.1 binaries. Is this an oversight or a warning?

-EtherMage

Dedpoet
07-19-2002, 08:31 AM
You also have this thread (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1640) on the same subject. To answer your question, yes, I have Seq running on Gentoo built with gcc 3.1 and qt 3.0.4.

From your other post, and Ratt already suggested this, it looks like you don't have gdbm installed. Try doing an "emerge --clean gdbm" to install that package and give it a shot.

These are the packages I have installed that I recall are Seq-related. Some are included already as dependancies when you install X, and some I added manually.

cvs (sounds like you already have this or you wouldn't have gotten this far)
giflib
jpeg
libmng
libpng
tiff
libpcap
gdbm

Start by trying gdbm, then try again. Post any errors and we will try to help.

fryfrog
07-19-2002, 08:55 AM
i'm using gcc-3.1.1 here. i might just go ahead and compile qt-3.0.5 and see what happens :)

EtherMage
07-19-2002, 09:37 AM
Ahh, thanks much. Actually, what Ratt said was "Looks like you are missing the DBM stuff." To me, who has never heard of gdbm before (and overlooked it in the INSTALL file :( ), this didn't give me any useful information. Thus, my request for clarification in that thread...thanks for clearing that up for me! Will have to try it when I get home.

I can't believe I missed that in the INSTALL file; I usually read these very closely, but I kind of skimmed it b/c I've build ShowEQ several times before.

Also, could someone add checks for gcc-3.1 into the configure? If it'll make things easier, I can change them and post a patch to go in CVS. But it should be quite simple to throw in the next time one of the devs is ready to commit.

Again, thanks,

EtherMage