PDA

View Full Version : Compile error... Checking for Qt

MrDeadMan
07-19-2002, 11:50 AM
I've no doubt that this has been done before, but I couldnt find anything thin search so... *shrug*

./compile runs fine up until,

"checking for Qt... cat: confetest.C: No such file or directory
configure: error: Qt (snapshot >= 20000114 (!= Qt 2.0.x)) (libraries) not found.
Please check your installation!"

I know for fact that I have both Qt RPMS at Zaphod's, and another thread here (something about fresh install of RedHat) had a long list of packages, all of which I've installed. How what the heck does this thing want?

Cryonic
07-19-2002, 12:25 PM
Sounds like it configure doesn't know where you have QT installed to:

echo $PATH $QTDIR $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

cvs checkout module? (linux or showeq)

MrDeadMan
07-19-2002, 12:36 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm not very familiar with Linux, and your reply makes no sense to me. LOL

Cryonic
07-19-2002, 12:38 PM
open a terminal and type:

echo $PATH $QTDIR $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

That will output the information held by those three shell variables.

fryfrog
07-19-2002, 01:26 PM
i'm thinking you are using "cvs co linux" and not "cvs co showeq" (due to the old looking 2.0.x qt error).

MrDeadMan
07-19-2002, 02:52 PM
Cryonic: That command returns for me:

"/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin"

I don't know if your looking for something, but it makes no sense to me. Also, this was done in the same window after a failed ./configure for ShowEQ as root. Should this have been at some other time?

Fry: I'm not sure what CVS is, however, I did use it at one point. I got this from the previous thread about RedHat (even though I'm using Mandrake8.2):

8a) type “bash seq.txt” [to run the batch]
you will get to the CVS login so hit enter for password and it will continue on. NOTE: Due to the change to get libEQ.a from an "official" site I have recently changed the libEQ.a URL (5/9/02)

8b) OR type in the batch file commands as shown…

cd /usr/lib
wget --passive-ftp ftp://smurfette.trifocus.net/pub/li...6/linux/libEQ.a
cd /seq
wget --passive-ftp http://doomed.to/showeq/qt-gcc3-2.3.2-1.i386.rpm.php
wget --passive-ftp http://doomed.to/showeq/qt-gcc3-dev...-1.i386.rpm.php
rpm -ivh qt-gcc3-2.3.2-1.i386.rpm qt-gcc3-devel-2.3.2-1.i386.rpm
export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected] :/cvsroot/seq
cvs login
cvs checkout showeq
cd showeq
export QTDIR=/opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
export MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export CXX=g++3
export CC=gcc3
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

Interesting to note is that doing it this way generates a diffrent error upon ./configure. How ever this error is in refference to not finding a MAKE file. I would imagine this is because the batch file is in /seq, while the make files are in /seq/showeq, so when I do a manual ./configure, I do it from /seq/showeq.

fryfrog
07-19-2002, 03:00 PM
instead of using the seq script, please try opening the readme files in the seq dir or some of the other actual guides on the forums.

your problem is merely that you need to follow the directions very closely.

make SURE you have compiled qt-2.3.2 with gcc3, and that you are setting your env's properly.

sorry to be blunt, but i don't want to type out the whole guide for you :)

MrDeadMan
07-19-2002, 03:23 PM
>instead of using the seq script, please try opening the readme files in >the seq dir or some of the other actual guides on the forums.

Very fine instructions indeed, but INSTALL consists of nothing more than "./configure, make, make install". If that worked I would have had no reason to come on the Help forumns at all would I? :P

> make SURE you have compiled qt-2.3.2 with gcc3

How do I check version, and why do I need to compile it? Aren't the QT RPMs just click and install and good enough? Yes, I am noob.

>, and that you are setting your env's properly.

huh?

fryfrog
07-19-2002, 04:18 PM
i have not used Zaphod's qt-2.3.2 gcc3 rpms. i suppose they should work, but you are obviosly having some sort of issue.

for some basic info, see the soon to be released faq, sections 2.5,2.6,2.7 (http://fryfrog.dyndns.org:81/ShowEQ-FAQ.html#2.5)

you can try reading through it and getting more info :)

Mr. Suspicious
07-19-2002, 07:01 PM
Or just read the INSTALL.newbies file, wich is basically a VERY detailed step-by-step setup of ShowEQ. Browse the CVS online *points up to the right top side of the forum* if you don't have the file (or have an older version of the file)