PDA

View Full Version : spawnlog not saving zone-in mobs

Bluestreak
07-20-2002, 07:26 PM
I'm logging the spawn info, and it seems to me that mobs present at zone-in (those labeled with 'z') are no longer being logged.

SeqTester
07-22-2002, 10:44 AM
How could it track where something spawns if it already Spawned on Zone in. I think you almost answered your own question.

Cryonic
07-22-2002, 11:46 AM
what does the spawnlog have to do with track? The original poster just said that the log doesn't seem to be logging mobs that are in the zone when you come in (hence the 'z').

Last I checked they were getting logged, I'll double check again tonite when I get home from work.

Checked my log, yep, still logging zone in mobs and the rest of it from when I last played EQ

SeqTester
07-22-2002, 11:51 AM
I always figured Spawn log was, log of WHERE the MOBs "SPAWN" I guess I could have been wrong, but that seemed like how it works to me.

If that IS how it works then SEQ would have no way to know where a MOB spawned if it had Spawned BEFORE you zoned in.

Cryonic
07-22-2002, 02:03 PM
It logs deaths, looted corpses, pets, players, etc... It is for logging of the zone so that you can look back through it for the names of rares. That is how Blue Adept and others have created those oh so useful zone_filter files.

mbozio
07-22-2002, 07:59 PM
How could it track where something spawns if it already Spawned on Zone in. I think you almost answered your own question. U are wrong, actualy the spawn log used to log every spawn. Be there in zone b4 u zone or not.

On a side note, every mob info present at the time u zone are send to ur client in the zone packet and when they key is found, this paket is parsed and all mob are displayed. So there is nothing that could normaly prevent seq to log those 'allready in zone' mobs. Isn't it the meaning of the z line ?

On a side note, the info of the location are the location of the mob when u enter the zone, note the real spawn location.

SeqTester
07-23-2002, 06:05 AM
I see my error now, I never used it untill recently (I kinda dont play anymore) I thought it was what cased the "Spawn Points" on the map.

/ems sorry

Mr. Suspicious
07-23-2002, 06:15 AM
I see my error now, I never used it untill recently (I kinda dont play anymore) I thought it was what cased the "Spawn Points" on the map.

No, spawn points are recorded in the <zone_name>.sp files.

SeqTester
07-23-2002, 06:19 AM
I know that now. My fault for trying to help before actually looking at something I dont use.

Bluestreak
07-23-2002, 11:49 AM
Thanks for checking Cryo. Mine is not behaving the same way. I'm wondering if you are running using the latest CVS.

Cryonic
07-23-2002, 12:11 PM
Yes. Unless CVS has changed in the last week (but I haven't seen any posts to the annoucements board).

Myk
07-31-2002, 09:07 AM
I updated from cvs last night and i have the same problem?
how weird......
(no "Z" spawns too log file, only "-" "+" and "x")
pm or email suggestions if yer bored, thanks.
mg.