PDA

View Full Version : libpcap

z0r
07-20-2002, 10:20 PM
I re-did my machine, installing Mandrake 8.2 this time... and have installed the libpcap0-62 whjatever, RPM, and ShowEQ says that it can' find "pcap_open_live" when I run ./configure.

SO I recompiled it myself... and it still says the same thing.. so from my understanding, it's not finding libpcap? but I know its there.

Anyone know what else the error could be attributed to, or what I did wrong?

Bluestreak
07-20-2002, 10:31 PM
did you remember to run 'make install' when you finished compiling libpcap so that the system put the library in it's proper place?

z0r
07-20-2002, 10:36 PM
yes... and iv'e run ldconfig and what not just to be sure.. and none of that worked either.

Any idea to see if ld can see the libraries or where the file ld uses to find libraries is? I always thought it was ld.so.conf, so I added the /usr/lib to it... but no.. still not working.

fryfrog
07-20-2002, 10:50 PM
mdk has a libpcap and libpcap-devel. redhat just has a libpcap. get the -devel of libpcap and you will be set.

z0r
07-21-2002, 01:02 PM
I don't think Mandrake 8.2 has a libpcap-devel.. because it's not on any of my CDs... and also... I used the tar and compiled the library so.. I'd have it.

I'm searching FTP sites now for a devel RPM though,

z0r
07-21-2002, 01:16 PM
ehh you were right. I found it on a website. ;)

Wolffe
07-25-2002, 02:03 PM
Since this thread is libpcap ...

Gentoo 1.3b , You will need to emerge libpcap in order to get SEQ up and running.

open a terminal window as root, do 'emerge libpcap' and let it do its thing, and you should be one step closer...

I hope this helps someone actually searching =)