PDA

View Full Version : Patch issue?

Kermit
07-25-2002, 09:47 AM
Since the patch, SEQ doesn't get any info from the EQ client. It worked perfectly prior to the patch. Both machines are running on a hub plugged into a standard DSL router. The linux box can still talk to the windows machine, but *sigh* no SEQ...

Before I get flamed...
No, I did not use the search for this, but as I believe it to be a patch issue (and no one has mentioned it in the last two days) I assume I won't find it with search...

Thanks

David

Gullork
07-25-2002, 09:58 AM
By patch, are you refering to the update to SEQ or the update to EQ?

Kermit
07-25-2002, 10:04 AM
i did leave some info off... sorry...

By patch I meant the EQ update (new UI and more). I did update SEQ via CVS in an attempt to fix this issue but it didn't change a thing.

Kermit
07-25-2002, 10:31 AM
got it to work...

Cryonic
07-25-2002, 10:58 AM
and the problem was... ?

S_B_R
07-25-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Kermit
Before I get flamed...
No, I did not use the search for this, but as I believe it to be a patch issue (and no one has mentioned it in the last two days) I assume I won't find it with search... Contrary to what some may believe, we won't tell (Flame) you to use the search if the information IS NOT out there.

Originally posted by Kermit
got it to work...If the future Please post what the fix was, it might help someone in the future.

Kermit
07-25-2002, 12:48 PM
I completely deleted SEQ and rebuilt it from the ground up... I don't know what was wrong, but it works now... And, yeah, I was a bit paranoid about posting here.. Thanks guys

S_B_R
07-25-2002, 01:16 PM
:DThank You:D
http://seq.sourceforge.net/images/info.jpg

Wolffe
07-25-2002, 01:54 PM
I don't think anyone should be scared to post here. I have posted some dumb things, i think i have even been flamed for not searching...(not sure, i will search in a bit LoL)

I have to agree with everyone that bitches about people not searching.

First of all, if you search for whatever you are searching for, you will either find out that you have a new and imporoved problem. Or, you will find that your problem has been discussed before and you can find the answer yourself, or you could find your problem, try the fixes but it doesnt work! Well if this is the case the search you have done has made you more informed about the problem and now you can post whats left of your problem...

Sheesh i got long winded there.. Sorry all..

To sum up.. Don't be scared to post, but don't be scared to search first =)

Ok I'm done