PDA

View Full Version : Help me with this pls

oopsys
07-26-2002, 03:36 AM
I already did this step:

2b.) "export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2" then configure and compile qt-2.3.2 with the -thread option (./configure -thread ; make). you can use "make -j2" to possibly speed up compile, and if you have 2 cpus use "make -j3"
**this compile will take a LONG time, possibly as few as 1 hour and as many as 6 depending on cpu speed. for the purpose of THIS sheet, i used my already compiled qt-2.3.2 from home which was in tar.gz format. i may make this available, i may not.

Code:

cd /usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/
./configure -thread
make

Without editing gcc and the other one. Can I edit them after I already did the above step? Or do I have to redo the whole thing?
If I can edit them after I already did this step that would be nice or if there is a short cut I can do without redoing this whole thing pls tell me exactly how. I am so new :) thx

oopsys
07-26-2002, 03:56 AM
using Red hat 7.3 btw. Hope there is a way it can still work :(

and If I have to redo the whole setup do I have to somehow delete what I've done so far? or do I just redo all the steps?

Mr. Suspicious
07-26-2002, 04:20 AM
Without editing gcc and the other one. Can I edit them after I already did the above step? Or do I have to redo the whole thing?

No, you have to "redo the whole thing"

Mr. Suspicious
07-26-2002, 04:29 AM
PM by Oopsys:
quick question

hey do I just redo it without deleting all the junk I just compiled?

replying here so people using the search feature in the future will be helped. Yes, you do not have to delete anything, just redo it step-by-step and it'll replace the previous version.

oopsys
07-26-2002, 04:32 AM
when I add the 3 to gcc and g++ and I go configure it shows up g++3 command not found. I'm stumped

Mr. Suspicious
07-26-2002, 05:34 AM
This is from the proposed INSTALL.newbies patch (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=575957&group_id=10131&atid=310131) that I submitted a few weeks ago (not included in the CVS yet, if any of the Devs would be so kind to include it in their next CVS commit, it would be most helpfull)

First check your gcc and g++ version (and spelling):

1.5 NOTE TO USERS WITH A HIGHER VERSION OF gcc

This document assumes you have gcc3 and g++3 executable on your system (as included in Red Hat 7.2). Depending on the distro (in other words: anything other then Red Hat 7.2), which RPMs you used and the phase of the moon, you may only have gcc<specified-version-number> or g++<specified-version-number> executables.

Change everywhere in this document where it says gcc3 to gcc<version> and g++3 to g++<version>

To see the version numbers for your installed compiler, please follow the next steps:

- Open a console and type "gcc" then press the <TAB> key once or twice. This will attempt to "auto complete" what you are typing. Pressing it twice should list all the options you have.

Result:

[]# gcc
gcc gcc-3.1
[]#

Do NOT use plain gcc, you need at least gcc3 or a higher version. In this example you'd use "gcc-3.1" and "g++-3.1" instead of the mentioned "gcc3" and "g++3"

If you do not see any other versions of gcc then plain "gcc"on your system, then you did not install all specified packages as mentioned in step 1.2

Follow the next step, now from the current INSTALL.newbies file (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/INSTALL.newbies?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup) to make the changes to the linux-g++-shared file replacing the mentioned "gcc3" and "g++3" with the version number and spelling you found as mentioned above.

1.4 Editting linux-g++-shared
edit the file "qt-src/configs/linux-g++-shared and change all references from "gcc" to "gcc3" as well as "g++" to "g++3" (lines 3, 4, 35, and 59). save your changes (ctrl-o, ctrl-x)

Code:

[]# pico -w /usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/configs/linux-g++-shared

oopsys
07-26-2002, 05:46 AM
I'm also using Red hat 7.3

Mr. Suspicious
07-26-2002, 05:49 AM
I'm also using Red hat 7.3

Then the 1.5 NOTE TO USERS WITH A HIGHER VERSION OF gcc quote applies to you.

oopsys
07-26-2002, 06:21 AM
the test came up

gcc gccmakedep

thats it...

And I installed full package...

Mr. Suspicious
07-26-2002, 06:50 AM
Oopsys"

the test came up

gcc gccmakedep

thats it...

And I installed full package...

Then the following line applies to you:

If you do not see any other versions of gcc then plain "gcc"on your system, then you did not install all specified packages as mentioned in step 1.2

List from the INSTALL.newbies file (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/INSTALL.newbies?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup) might I suggest you READ it?

1.2 Packet Selection
The next important step is the package selection. you need to choose "select individual packages" and i personally choose "software development" and "Kernel development" in hopes that i have to pick fewer packages at the next stage. here are the rpms i think you will need (some might already be selected). in "flat view" they are easier to find. they may not be required, but i was able to compile without installing any additional rpms when these were installed. this should be the name as they appear in the redhat 7.2 install.

XFree86-devel
XFree86-libs
autoconf
automake
gcc3
gcc3-c++
libpcap
libstdc++3
libstdc++3-devel
libgcc
zlib
zlib-devel
gd
gd-devel
gdbm
gdbm-devel
pine **for pico
kernel-headers
glibc-devel
cvs
patch
make
m4
libtool
libtool-libs
binutils
libpng
libpng-devel
libjpeg
libjpeg-devel
libmng
libmng-devel
freetype

Packages you are most likely missing (but not excluding others you might miss) are bold. Please follow the Red Hat manual (found at http://www.redhat.com) for information on how to find and install packages.