PDA

View Full Version : new corpses displayed at reverse /loc on map

Madfish
07-26-2002, 03:46 PM
I've been noticing this for a couple of weeks, but couldn't put my finger on it until last night.

Whenever a PC dies in a zone you are in at say coordinates A,B the map is displaying the corpes at coordinates B,A. I confirmed this last night in WW when a guildie aggro'd and died to a see-invis mob. He told me "A,B", but I went to "B,A" which is where the map designated him to be. When I did a /loc, I realized that if I swapped the locs around, I'd be at "A,B". This accounts for many other zones where I experienced seq reporting a corpse to be "outside" the mapped zone boundary.

It does not appear to be doing this for corpses that existed prior to entering the zone. (I do not know if leaving and entering the zone will fix the problem.) Additionally, the corpses displayed on the map in this manner are a blue '+' instead of the yellow box.

Anyone else with this experience? I did a clean install after I first noticed this to avoid the possibility of some compiler mismatch wierdness. Didn't help though.

Cryonic
07-26-2002, 04:34 PM
the blue '+' should be dead Mobs or Unknowns that died. Yellow squares should be players.

If you leave and return to the zone, then as far as SEQ is concerned this is the first time it has been sent that info on the corpse and will place it correctly. I haven't experienced this issue of reversed coords for corpse while in zone.

Pigeon
07-26-2002, 06:56 PM
When a PC dies, SEQ interprets it as a dead NPC, and the x/y's are reversed. Been that way for a few months. =)