PDA

View Full Version : Question with updating.

toddlar
07-29-2002, 12:49 PM
Alright,

Have had show eq up and running for months now, thought I would go ahead and get an update because I was having problems with seg faulting.

I went ahead and followed the steps in the readme.

"
cd /root/showeq
make distclean
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
cvs -z3 update
cvs -d :pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq logout
export CC=gcc3 ; export CXX=g++3 ; export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2
make -f Makefile.dist && ./configure && make && make install
"

Didn't work the first time, I needed to change a few items because I did my install a little different. Using a different readme, and also using redhat 7.3. Only thing I changed was the export lines.

"
export QTDIR=/opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
export MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export CXX=g++3
export CC=gcc3
"
This time, compiled with no errors and it seemed everything was good. Went into the zone I was having trouble with and it crashed again. So I compared the version # that showeq starts up with

ShowEQ 4.2.12, released under the GPL.

and the one in the "CHANGES" file

4.2.13 is what is listed.

Oh, I also tried deleting /usr/local/bin/showeq the file. And when I rebuilt it it put a new showeq file in there with the same version listed.

As I see it now either 1) The developers forget to update the version that is printed on the screen and it really is updated or 2) not updated and i'm not sure how to update it now.

Would appreciate any help that anybody could provide. Or if I didn't provide enough information, i'll check this post often to reply and get this sorted out.

-Cade

PS Thank you to all the people that helped me get it up and running when I was having problems initially :)

Cryonic
07-29-2002, 01:04 PM
ls -l /usr/local/bin/showeq*

what date do the showeq files have?

Dedpoet
07-29-2002, 02:30 PM
Looks like the rev didn't get bumped in the release. I updated this morning as well, and I just checked. I'm still showing 4.2.12 as well.

There is a post in the release forum about this now too.

toddlar
07-30-2002, 06:57 AM
Jul 29 12:26 is the date on showeq

Dedpoet
07-30-2002, 08:38 AM
Toddlar, just in case you missed it, this has been fixed in cvs. If you update again it will be correct...plus you'll get the new Jaggedpine map and I think an update Bazaar map.

fryfrog
07-30-2002, 09:23 AM
surefall too i think :)