PDA

View Full Version : Map drawing and area around my char

arioch
07-29-2002, 06:12 PM
So I tried using the search but hey I might have messed up.

First, my system:

Sony Vaio laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 (Yes I know about some of the issues with this)

ShowEQ works awsome for the most part, However when the map load and then my player loads, the circle that encompasses my player covers the map. Spawns and NPC's and dropped items show within this area of blackness but lines, halls, passageways and such on the map itself are not displayed.

At first I thought it was an issue with me using the QT version in RH 7.3 and gcc 2.xx So I re-installed QT 2.3.2 and gcc 3.01 and rebuilt same problem.

Then I found the information on the ATI card having problems drawing lines and such (I dont have this paticular problem but hey this is a drawing issue.) Turning off the acceleration did not fix the problem and I have yet to try dropping it to a generic SVGA driver to see if that fixes it

Has anyone else seen this issue, and have you been able to fix it?

Mr. Suspicious
07-29-2002, 06:55 PM
Has anyone else seen this issue, and have you been able to fix it?

No, no-one ever seen this before and we sure as what have no clue at all on how to fix this...

5 posts below this post: with the Oh so cryptic name:New Graphics Card Problems (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1689), that pops up as top result using SEARCH (http://seq.sourceforge.net/search.php?s=) on the words "Radeon lines map", there's never an excuse for lazyness.

arioch
07-29-2002, 07:30 PM
Wow look at Mr. Smarts over here.

did I say I had a problem with lines being drawn on the map? no

did I say I was aware of the issues with Radeon? yes

did I say that I had tried the no accel option? yes

did I say that I hadnt gotten to try a different driver yet? yes

I have not seen anyone that mentioned the map being drawn under the the circle around their char, next time read the entire post.

I did seach I did find the threads I even mentioned I knew of the problems with the video adapter. What I didnt know if anyone has had my EXACT problem.

---------------------------
And just FYI changing to a generic driver made no difference.... so again anyone ever seen my EXACT problem?

Cryonic
07-29-2002, 09:47 PM
What is the output in the terminal window that you started SEQ from? is it even loading the map? Have you tried zooming in? Is map depth filtering turned on?

Dedpoet
07-29-2002, 10:48 PM
I had this problem, among others, when setting up my Dell laptop with that same video card. I had to turn the field of view fill to "no fill". I don't have Seq in front of me right now, but right-click on the map, choose FOV near the bottom. I don't recall the exact menu names and options, but I have mine set to "classic" for the style, and "no fill" for the shading. That solved this for me.

arioch
07-29-2002, 11:36 PM
Sweet thanks for that Dedpoet, I was unaware of all the map options.

And sorry Cryonic I didnt think to mention that yes the map was loading.

and again Mr. Suspicious thanks for pointing out absolutely nothing