PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to everyone on this board

JasperNox
07-30-2002, 02:01 AM
It allll started out friday night.. wanting to install linux (mandrake 8.2) and show eq.. tons of problems arose, from compile errors.. so not having the commands.. I needed some help :( did a search..

I found the Mandrake 8.1 howto.. my savior.. follwed it to a T.. uh oh.. got cc1plus error.. did a SEARCH on cc1plus.. woot, found my problem...memory issues.. put more ram in my linux box.. continued..

Dont know what I did but my GUI wasnt booting properly.. no problem, format, reinstall as per the HOWTO.. back on track.. got enough memory, all the packages are installed.. right on.. ShowEQ installed and up and running..

uh oh, network isn't working.. no problem.. I just used the handy SEARCH which has helped me out so many times..

Right on, found out the problem, Routers dont support promicious sniffing.. good thing I have this hub lying around.. ShowEQ running like a charm

Hey wait a minute, not showing any mob info :( .. SEARCH (as if you didn't already know . .) ok found the problem.. it just takes a little time to decode.. patience is a virtue.. working great!

So I would just like to say thank you, to everyone for answering my questions before I even asked them, and for new people just starting out.. USE THE SEARCH, I cant stress this enough.. if you have a problem, guaranteed someone else has had it, and asked about it and has already had the solution posted.

Thanks again :)

fryfrog
07-30-2002, 05:28 AM
good job :)