PDA

View Full Version : What is the correct naming structure to locate a PC (if possible)

Kimbler
07-30-2002, 09:50 AM
I would like to locate the level 60 Enchanters in a zone to buy KEI with the circles triggered by the filter files. The "filter files" help show a structure of Name:[^:]giant[^:]:;26-32.

Is it possible to use some variation of this to find the Enchanters?

falkore
07-30-2002, 10:37 AM
I would say add a [^:]class:Enchanter[^:]
but that will get you all the PC enchanters too

so you might want to make a bunch for every possible enchanter PC race, and class:cenchanter.

I don't do much with player hunts, so correct me if I am wrong.

Also, what if they are /anon wouldn't you knowing their class from across the zone or even running to them be a little odd?

Cryonic
07-30-2002, 12:40 PM
[^:]Enchanter[^:]NPC[^:]0[^:];60-60

should find Enchanter PCs level 60

Kimbler
07-31-2002, 03:51 AM
Thank You!!

fryfrog
07-31-2002, 08:10 AM
you make me glad i'm not a lvl 60 enchanter, and make me feel sorry for all my level 60 enchanter friends who use /anon for a reason ;)

falkore
08-01-2002, 09:56 AM
I have a 60 cleric, and I do the /anon thing more often than not.

Not that I don't like to help people. it just gets annoying

"Can I get a heal and buffs for free please?"

Cryonic
08-01-2002, 10:43 AM
I used SEQ to check if there were any players of the appropriate level to help me (49+ clerics, 29+ druids, etc...), but only gave them a direct tell if I was really desperate and was willing to pay if they were anon. Else I would just shout out to the zone and if they ignored me, oh well, they must be busy.

Funny thing is, I have gotten quite a number of people who helped me for free just by being polite. They would even cancel the trade if I offered them plat.

Also going to the Player in question first before asking helped quite a bit.

Me: Excuse me?
Druid: What?
Me: Could I get a SoW when you have a moment?
Druid: Where are you?
Me: /em poke Druid

fryfrog
08-01-2002, 12:29 PM
yes, being polite IS the key.

i play a fairly high cleric, druid and enchanter (sow, clarity, soe, rez, ports... everything people want) and the ONLY people that get anything are the ones that are polite. and its always free, i don't accept money for rezes or ports BUT i only rez people who i feel are worthy and that usually means being polite (or high enough level to NEED a 56 rez in the case of rezes).

Kimbler
08-02-2002, 02:04 PM
This sorta turned sour about not wanting to be a chanter with me searching for them but I did say BUY in my original post.

I only ask once "/tell kei for 100 plat I come to you" If i get no response I don't press it. jeez.

So far in three months I only had one truned down and all the rest seemed gratful for the quick cash. So maybe the worry of not wanting to be an enchanter is a bit misplaced.

NerdWannaBe
08-03-2002, 04:24 AM
yeah but your still gona get the "how did you know I was enchanter?" even though most enchanters run around with those damn cups and the nice looking robes...

Ataal
08-07-2002, 12:25 PM
At lvl 10, it may be difficult to tell the difference between a wizard and an echnanter...but at lvl 60, it's cake. Now, if the enchanter is well hidden, maybe under water with an EB item with the anon tag on, and they STILL get a tell asking them for something....then it may be a problem. Just remember, they may be hiding from people like you on purpose. If that's the case, don't be surprised getting a tell from a guide or GM....