PDA

View Full Version : Successful Mandrake 8.2 & SEQ

Loco
07-31-2002, 12:11 PM
Showeq is awesome. It was well worth the effort. I want to say thanks to the developers and the contributors to this site. I read the HOW-TO's for Mandrake, and all the threads I could find on hubs and switches. I hit a few snags on the way so I just did searches for my specific problems, usually word for word from the error reports in the terminal window. Most problems have been covered many times, so being patient and searching I found every fix I needed.

My setup is:
Cable Modem (Road Runner)> Router (Linksys BEFSR41)>Hub (Netgear DS104)> 2 Windows machines and the Linux box with SEQ. I ran the uplink port on the hub to a standard port on the router. All 3 PCs are plugged into remaining ports on the hub. I had a SMC EZ5805DS hub but it didn’t work so I did a search and bought the Netgear DS104. As soon as I hooked up the Netgear SEQ came to life.

The only differences I found installing Mandrake 8.2 from the 8.1 how-to are:
2a.) When editing the file qt-src/configs/linux-g++-shared the references gcc and g++ need to be changed to your installed versions. My Mandrake 8.2 installed versions gcc-3.0.4 and g++-3.0.4. so that’s what I changed the references to.

4.) When I tried to ./configure I got this error
configure: error: cannot find pcap_open_live in libpcap
Mandrake 8.2 didn’t seem to have libpcap0-devel on any disk so I went to www.rpmfind.net and did a search. I dloaded it and it was easy to install. After the install configure worked.

Once I connected the Netgear hub, I fired up SEQ with ./showeq –i eth0 -–ip-address=x.x.x.x , as soon as I logged into EQ the maps and info came right up.

high_jeeves
07-31-2002, 12:58 PM
Good job getting it set up... its amazing what one can do when they search for the information on these boards... You probably got it set up 2x faster than the people who post here wanting answers before they search!

--Jeeves

JasperNox
08-02-2002, 12:42 PM
you can actually find libpcap if you load "Software Installer" and just do a search there, its on either the 2nd or 4rd cd .. can't remember.