PDA

View Full Version : Setting Up 8.2

NerdWannaBe
08-03-2002, 03:54 AM
Setting up SEQ on drake 8.2 in a little bit as soon as I re-read the tutorial for 8.1 again, and after all the reading here I realize that the GCC is 3.04. I'll be running of the tutorial for 8.1 off of the old Show EQ forums back at hackersquest. I had been so hooked on just reading about the stuff Show EQ could do, i'm hoping to never get lost again and to keep up with those damn druids (down with druids (i'm a shaman) ).
I'll be running the computers from a hub, cable modem set into the uplink with my eq and showeq blox plugged into slot one and slot two.

Now I may have some issues but I promise i'll search the forums before asking my redicously stupid questions just to save you "pros" a few laughs at a newb.

Oh yeah wish this nerdwannabe luck :)

NerdWannaBe
08-03-2002, 04:36 AM
Burning the 3 cds right now (sorry I'm linux neglected no one stores linux around here)

NerdWannaBe
08-03-2002, 05:19 AM
well it appears the cd I was burning on didnt like linux soooo... i have to rmake the cd.

Mr. Suspicious
08-03-2002, 06:00 AM
You can also find the included walk-through (it's for Red Hat 7.2, but should work for Mandrake aswell) by browsing the Browse CVS Repository (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/) (link to it found at the top-right of the messageboard. Browse to Showeq -> Instal.newbies -> latest revision -> view (direct link to it: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/INSTALL.newbies?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

NerdWannaBe
08-03-2002, 03:06 PM
TY I will take a look at that I think there is something wrong with how I burned my ISO's. I'm using NTI CD-Maker 2000 Pro.

It won't boot at all, and I have to make a boot disk and then once it gets running it says that the CD is not a Linux 'Drake 8.2 cd.

However when I open the CD in windows it pops up with that screen about the install guide, the make boot disk and others.

I've search forum and found nothin on this.

high_jeeves
08-03-2002, 03:15 PM
That would be because this is a ShowEQ forum, and not a CD burning, or mandrake forum... Nobody here has information on why your CDs dont work. Probably because you either didnt set them to be bootable, your burning software doesnt support it, or you linux machine does not support bootable cds.

--Jeeves