PDA

View Full Version : 8.2 Help

JustACoder
08-03-2002, 06:26 PM
I got Mandrake 8.2 from a friend and installed it with no errors, but now when i'm searching for gcc with the gcc [tab][tab] command I get gcc 2.96

I've looked at the package manager and the only thing higher is libgcc3.0 and it says it's already installed.

Some help would be appreciated. Please be easy on me :\

Guygin
08-03-2002, 10:57 PM
I think there is a pretty good reference to one of the 'How To's' in the FAQ, with a link to some other documentation. I took a look at it - looks pretty informative. The link to the FAQ is on the main page of this forum; the 'How To's' are also linked in the FAQ.

JustACoder
08-04-2002, 01:06 AM
Well I had an uber fucked up install.... I've reinstalled logined as root and gone to updates and am installing gcc3 as I speak could only find 2.96 before

Well after browsing I realized no one wrote down the files missing or changed in 8.2 I got them for you.

---Files Not Found--- 3
berkleydb
berkeleydb-devel
libtool-libs

---Files That Changed--- 10
libdb3.3
libdb3.3-devel
libdbtcl3.3
libpng3
libpngs-devel
libjpeg62
libjpeg62-devel
libmng1
libmng1-devel
freetype2

Searched RPMFind.net and no matches for a mandrake dist. so i'm going to go ahead and install ShowEQ using HQ's guide to see how it works.

JustACoder
08-04-2002, 01:39 AM
Status.

QT Compile Started at 3:40 Am Eastern Time - Status , Compile Finished 6:10 Am

Moving On :)

ShowEQ Compile Started at 6:20 Am Eastern Time -Status , Compile Finished 6:40 Am

Moving On :D

Well after typing in that damn cp command every which way I could I searched and figured out I don't need to do it......

7 AM i'm booting up EQ and taking SEQ for a test ride.

JustACoder
08-04-2002, 06:04 AM
*Cheer*

I got it to work and it works fine I must tell you. it's well worth the pain in the ass to setup :) ty you all for flaming me and getting me off my ass to do it myself hehe.

Guygin
08-04-2002, 08:35 AM
Good job - fyi don't edit over a post you have made - just add to it. It makes it much easier for the devs to understand what is or is not happening.
edit ~ just like now - I think you did add to your posts - I didnt read them closely enough. doh!