PDA

View Full Version : Alerts

Tux Racer
08-04-2002, 09:28 AM
Would it be possible to set up an alert for when a certain mob gets near you SEQ will beep or play a sound?

Cryonic
08-04-2002, 10:59 AM
From filters.conf.dist:

# [Caution] is the section for things you want to avoid.
# Spawns appear with a flashing yellow circle on the map and will be
# underlined in the spawn list.
# If the spawn gets with 500 ticks, a yellow line will point to it.
# See the examples section below for details.

Tux Racer
08-04-2002, 05:55 PM
I'm aware of that, :o I'm also aware of the danger filter. My question is not asking if there is a way to have a red or yellow line point to the mod, or to have the mob blink, my question is: Is there a way to have SEQ [u]beep or make a sound when a particular mob gets too close.

Mr. Suspicious
08-04-2002, 06:32 PM
*bytes his lip while chanting "not worth it, not worth it"*

Tux Racer
08-04-2002, 09:52 PM
Actually it would be very useful to me. As when I am in battle and distracted busy casting and fighting, it would be nice to hear a little sound alert to warn me of certain mobs that are sneaking up on me. Also I have a TV that I watch while I am resting, and it would be nice to get a sound alert when a certain mob gets too close. Or when I am distracted talking on the phone as well.

But it doesn't seem like there is any way to do this :(

Cryonic
08-05-2002, 12:14 AM
Did you even bother to look under the Filters menu in showeq? guess not.

fryfrog
08-05-2002, 07:44 AM
he is looking for a distance based audio alert for mobs in a certain [field]. i think he knows that it WILL give an audio alert when he a.) zones in or b.) decodes or c.) it pops.

what he means is d.) when it draws that yellow or red line, it would give some sort of audio warning (maybe for people fighting on the north wall in DL and for some unknown reason gorenair is actually up longer than 5min).

personally, i would hate this because there are a LOT of mobs in blueadept's filters under the danger catagory that aren't really that bad... and i run past them a LOT :)

i'd go absolutly bat shit if EVERY time i ran near one of them it said "watch out!"

anyway, not a bad idea for some zones i suppose :)

maybe another solution would be to move you seq monitor closer ;)

Mr. Suspicious
08-05-2002, 07:55 AM
If that's realy what he's asking for, not very clear IMO, he only needs to edit his map.cpp a bit and recompile everything to make this work:

if (filterFlags & FILTER_FLAG_DANGER)
{
if (!showeq_params->fast_machine)
distance = location.calcDist2DInt(param.player());
else
distance = (int)location.calcDist(param.player());
p.setPen(red);
p.setBrush(NoBrush);
if(m_flash)
p.drawEllipse (spawnOffsetXPos - m_marker1Size,
spawnOffsetYPos - m_marker1Size,
m_marker1SizeWH, m_marker1SizeWH);
if(distance < 500)
{
if(m_flash)
{
p.setPen(red);
p.drawLine (m_param.playerXOffset(),
m_param.playerYOffset(),
spawnOffsetXPos, spawnOffsetYPos);
{Insert audio alert warning code here}
}
}
else if(distance < 1000)
{
p.setPen(yellow);
p.drawLine (m_param.playerXOffset(),
m_param.playerYOffset(),
spawnOffsetXPos, spawnOffsetYPos);
}
}

Ofcourse it'll be a bit messy, cause the flash interval is rather fast (so a one beep sound might sound as a steady tone, anyway; I wouldn't recommend anything but a very very short duration "beep" to be placed in this setup) Don't have time to find the appropriate code at the moment, but I'm sure if you search the forum and look through the code, you'll find it relativelly fast.

Ratt
08-05-2002, 09:25 AM
Add a new proximity filter :)

It's not a bad idea really, and I could see a use for a proximity filter in a lot of situations. It'd be pretty trivial to add, I'll stick it in if I can find the time.

fgay trader
08-05-2002, 09:45 AM
Can you please make the new proximity alert go "Danger, Will Robinson, danger!" :D

Cryonic
08-05-2002, 09:59 AM
I think that is what the audio alert for the Caution category should do, then you just set it to play that wave file.

Tux Racer
08-05-2002, 11:08 AM
Yeah you guys got it right, it would be if a mod got too close. With a red line maybe (the yellow line points to things halfway across most zones). Or preferably with a custom distance setting. Also the ability to toggle the sounds playing would be nice.

z26o
08-05-2002, 11:53 AM
Theres a audio command for caution (Filter > Audio Commands > Caution), would that not alert you? I think I will try it when I get home.

Although probably not since someone would have pointed it out if it where that easy :)

z

pinzmon
08-05-2002, 01:21 PM
I vote for the sound the tracker makes on "Aliens"

When the mob gets closer, the beeps get faster and more intense...

"That's it, man. Game over, man! Game over!"

Ratt
08-05-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by pinzmon

Hah... that's exactly what I was toying with :) Too appropriate.

Tux Racer
08-05-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by z26o
Theres a audio command for caution (Filter > Audio Commands > Caution), would that not alert you? I think I will try it when I get home.

Although probably not since someone would have pointed it out if it where that easy :)

z

That will make a sound every time a caution mob spawns. To be honest I don't really care about the mob that spawns halfway across the zone, I just need to be warned when they get to close (not just spawn to close either, although it looks like you can't even do an alert with that). It would be a very nice and useful addition I think. :cool:

Cryonic
08-05-2002, 10:49 PM
Use the power of the source. Find where it normally plays the audio and copy that into the area shown by a previous poster so that cautions will fire off the audio command when SEQ draws the line to the mob.

Tux Racer
08-05-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Cryonic
Use the power of the source. Find where it normally plays the audio and copy that into the area shown by a previous poster so that cautions will fire off the audio command when SEQ draws the line to the mob.

Well SEQ draws a line to mobs that are really far away, sometimes halfway across the zone in smaller zones. I think the ability to add Distance: in the filters is something along the lines of what I'm looking for. ALso the filters would have to notice that a mob gets too close because just adding Distance: would only detect mobs that spawn within that distance. I'm not a coder, I can't do it myself, I don't have any expectation of it being implimented, it is just a request. So please don't tell me to code it myself, because I can't, and if that means I'm shit outta' luck then that's okay, it's just a suggestion/request. :D

Tux Racer
08-06-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by pinzmon

ROFL :p

LordCrush
08-06-2002, 03:48 AM
Would be nice feature ROFL

Mr. Suspicious
08-06-2002, 04:45 AM
Well SEQ draws a line to mobs that are really far away, sometimes halfway across the zone in smaller zones. I think the ability to add Distance: in the filters is something along the lines of what I'm looking for.

Have you actually LOOKED at the code I posted? Guess not, else you've seen that it contains:

if(distance < 500)

Tux Racer
08-06-2002, 12:46 PM
Yeah it ended up being pretty simple looking at it more. I still think it would be useful to be able to add Distance: to the filters. Thanks for whoever it was that pointed out that code for me. ;)