PDA

View Full Version : SuSE Linux 8.0

trident6
08-04-2002, 03:14 PM
Should I follow the install guide for RedHat 7.2 to a tee in order to get SEQ up and running with SuSE Linux 8.0 ??

Trident

Cryonic
08-05-2002, 12:10 AM
SUSE is not Redhat, so you can't follow that guide to a T. There will be differences.

LordCrush
08-05-2002, 12:20 AM
Do a install with developer support,
then install libpcap.
Check Version of gcc must be 3.0x or higher
Check Version of QT-Lib must be 2.3.2 or higer.

(should be in SUSE 8.0, dont know i use 7.3)

then follow the Red Hat Guide to download and complile SEQ.

Cryonic
08-05-2002, 01:20 AM
QT needs to be compiled with gcc > 3.0. If the install by default is installing a version less than 3.0, then you will need to rebuild qt.

RH7.4 and ManDrake9.0 both come with gcc >3.0 by default (no 2.9.x) and everything is prebuilt with that compiler.

trident6
08-05-2002, 09:16 AM
Will do, thanks for the info and advice guys.

Trident

McCade
08-05-2002, 10:39 PM
I have been reading through posts trying to find a solution to my problem and have yet to find one.

I am new with Linux so I hope this problem is easy but not to easy. Although it is most likely an ID 10 T Error. =)

I have followed numorous guides but when I try to do a ./configure I get this:

checking build system type... i686-suse-linux
checking host system type... i686-suse-linux
checking target system type... i686-suse-linux
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
/home/mccade/showeq/missing: Unknown `--run' option
Try `/home/mccade/showeq/missing --help' for more information
configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for g++... g++
checking for supported compiler version... checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking for C++ compiler default output... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C++ compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.

I have gcc and g++ 3.0.4
and I believe I have everything else I need. I am using SuSE 8.0. Thanks in advance for any help.

Cryonic
08-05-2002, 10:50 PM
Guess you didn't install the devel stuff.

McCade
08-05-2002, 11:12 PM
Yeah it is all installed. I was worried that I did not get something and so I went down the list given for the redhat install guide. I was missing a few things so I installed them but I am still getting the error message. But thinks for the suggestion.

Mr. Suspicious
08-06-2002, 04:55 AM
/home/mccade/showeq/missing: Unknown `--run' option
Try `/home/mccade/showeq/missing --help' for more information
configure: WARNING: `missing (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/missing?rev=1.1.1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup)' script is too old or missing

You don't have the latest ShowEQ Commit?

Yeah it is all installed.

And how are you exactly sure about this? (you wouldn't be the first person to just download a rpm in a directory somewhere and think it's installed that way)

McCade
08-06-2002, 07:46 AM
I will have to look further into the showeq commit. I don't remember reading anything about that so not sure what it is or where I get it.

With SuSE 8 I used the installer Yast2, and searched for the packages, if it had an i next to the name then it was supposedly installed. I suppose it could be lying to me though, I am not sure.

Thanks for the suggestions.