PDA

View Full Version : Problems after installing a new hub

willied
08-04-2002, 11:29 PM
I lost my old hub due to a storm every since i replaced it seq doesn't find a eq session. Ive tried manually putting IP address of eq machine in and doing the detect next eq client. I also reinstalled seq no luck. Any ideas?

Cryonic
08-05-2002, 12:06 AM
uhm. Guess you didn't use the features pointed to on the front page, so:

YOU HAVE A SWITCH.

LordCrush
08-05-2002, 12:07 AM
/bump ;)

willied
08-11-2002, 04:11 PM
Oki heard it could be a problem is cards are diff speads and they were now I have 100 ones on both PC's and its still not working. any ideas ot anyone point me somewhere please.

Mr. Suspicious
08-11-2002, 05:00 PM
any ideas ot anyone point me somewhere please.

*points to*

http://www.petervandongen.com/images/search.jpg

willied
08-11-2002, 05:34 PM
Sorry for asking a question smart ass i tried search but didn't find what I was looking for.

BlueAdept
08-11-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Cryonic
YOU HAVE A SWITCH.

From what you posted Cryonic is right YOU HAVE A SWITCH. It will NOT work. You need a HUB.

willied
08-11-2002, 07:23 PM
Thanks I understand what you are saying now my new hub is a switch. I have an old hub that used to work but the uplink port was blown in a storm it was where I used to run my cable modem into. Now what ive done from reading several other posts is installed 2 net cards in linux box. eth0 goes to switch along with cable internet connection. Now all I need is some help/info on setting up 2nd card eth1. I asked to obtain ip automaticly like other card but get and error because it has no internet conn to get an address from I guess. How do I set it up atm I have it connected to a hub along with comp running eq. I just need to know how to config card on linux machine ie ip add, domain etc and possible on eq box.. Thanks

high_jeeves
08-11-2002, 10:09 PM
Go check out the documentation for whichever firewall/nat application you are setting up to do the routing. That will tell you how to set up your ethernet cards. This is not a ShowEQ issue.

--Jeeves