PDA

View Full Version : Spawn files, how to safe to em

Frank25
08-06-2002, 03:06 PM
I've downloaded teh .sp files from thye site mentioned in one of the other posts.

I've been runnign around in a few zones not in that list and had stayed long enough to get a lot of info on static spawns.

My question is this, is manually editing the file with loc/time etc the only way to save them?
Or is there an option i'm just not seeing in SEQ that can save it to a file?

Thnx for any input

Cryonic
08-06-2002, 04:03 PM
They are auto saved, but a time for them isn't held in any file if the respawn time for a spot is greater than 6 minutes (or so it appears).

Frank25
08-06-2002, 04:24 PM
taht would explain why the seb mobs aren't in em...dern

thnx i guess i'll have to manually add them ;P

Mr. Suspicious
08-06-2002, 07:07 PM
They are auto saved

True, saved from memory to file everytime you Leave the zone.

but a time for them isn't held in any file if the respawn time for a spot is greater than 6 minutes (or so it appears).

Sort-of false. It has to see things spawn-die-and-re-spawn in the same session (1 session = being in the zone without zoning out) a few times before it records and saves the spawntime.

Example: Hatchling spawn in NToV are on a 20 minute timer and saved normally. Generally we have to clear those a few times before we head over to Aaryonar. So it records the "spawn" (the respawn after the first time we killed them), "death" (after we killed them a second time) and "respawn" (the respawn after second kill) Yet the NToV Statics aren't *those are on a 1h 15minute timer, and we usually do not see them spawn-die-and-respawn in one session. This is due to the fact it does see it "spawn" (1h 15m after the first time we killed them), yet not die again (because we already moved on deeper into NToV) so it does record the spawnspot, but is not able to determine the time. In the unlucky chance we face a wipe out, we'd have to kill them again and you'd think that then it sees them "die" and "respawn" again, but alais this isn't true, because at a wipe out, you zone out of the zone and when you are ressed the program doesn't know when it "spawned" anymore (and records a "spawn" after the first time they die and respawn)