PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Bazaar Alert

Gullork
08-07-2002, 12:54 AM
Hello again :)

Hey I was thinking today that it would be a pretty nice feature to have something similiar to the filters function for spawns to work with the bazaar item features.

I'm not sure if the Bazaar item structures have been decoded yet, but it'd be really nice to make a list of items (filter) that you are looking for, and have ShowEQ alert you if they are being sold when you are in the Bazaar.

Also, I'm not sure if EQ sends you the information constantly (doubt it), or only when you 'update traders' or '/bazaar'. That wouldn't really be a big deal though, just /bazaar and look over at the ShowEQ window to see if anything you wanted matches. If not, run back out on your way.

Hmmm. what about something like:
Name:Itemxxx Price:100000

where price is the highest you'd be willing to pay.
100000 being = to 100pp 0g 0s 0c of course

That way, it will only show you a match if the price is lower than you are willing to pay.

Well, thanks for reading. I'm great with ideas, bad with code :)

Maybe others will find something like this useful, if not, no biggie. :)

LordFeshlak
08-07-2002, 05:41 AM
I strongly doubt that the list of items for sale is kept client-side. That would just be way too much useless information they'd have to send over. Also from way the /bazaar search feature works makes me think the search is actually done server-side, with just the results getting sent to the client.

You can see this yourself: do a search for something very common, say 'fire', hit find and watch the results list get filled with hits in a random order. First hit might be 'velium fire wedding ring', next might be 'earring of fire reflection' and then 'platinum fire wedding ring'. Only once the search is completed, does the list get sorted. They probably wouldn't do this if the entire list was kept client-side.

fgay trader
08-07-2002, 07:31 AM
I hate that new /bazaar game they put in... I always lose playing it! :D

LordFeshlak, you're probably right about the list of items being sent on "FIND" (rather than on "/bazaar" as Gullork suggested). Otherwise just opening /BAZAAR window would cause a noticeable delay.

Ever pay attention to the message when you zone into Bazaar? "xxx traders with yyyy items for sale" where xxx is usually around 300 and yyyy is well over 3000 and that's on the under-populated Tallon Zek where I play. Imagine the would-be lag caused by getting all that info every time you do a /bazaar?

Although it would probably be possible (but probably not easy) to have bazaar items-for-sale info decoded, I'm not sure how practical that feature would be if you do indeed have to specifically search for the item before the packets are sent to the client and can be caught/decoded/displayed by SEQ.

Sorting the results in /bazaar window by price accomplishes the task too , btw :p

domesticbeer
08-07-2002, 09:23 AM
I also think it runs over its own udp ports separate from the rest of the esscential client server traffic. You only get that traffic if you search in the bazaar interface and click the find or update buttons.

cheese_poker
08-07-2002, 10:32 AM
You know how there are log parsers that can figure out DPS real time (from the text file, not sniffed)?

I was thinking the new ultimate log toy would be something that watches your Trader file (I forget the name right now) and when something is sold, grab the item name, price, buyer, and email you.

This would be super cool for vending when you are at work. :cool:

link129
08-07-2002, 11:06 AM
and that's on the under-populated Tallon Zek where I play.

TZ > *
:D

Gullork
08-07-2002, 01:19 PM
Ahh thats too bad. Next thing I was going to bring up if this one was a yes, was a way to log items being sold. Reason being to record low, high, and give average on each item being sold over time. Something that brought back real figures, not the occasional and/or misleading posts people make on eqprices or allakhazams.

Ahh well. Still sounded like a neat idea, but not if it is too much work. :)

CoolGuyEQ
08-08-2002, 07:25 AM
I was thinking the new ultimate log toy would be something that watches your Trader file (I forget the name right now) and when something is sold, grab the item name, price, buyer, and email you.

This would be super cool for vending when you are at work.

www.xylobot.com - he has an email COM object you can use to email stuff....just write a script to parse as you're going along, email every X time and you're set :) Simple thing to write too.

CGEQ

Mr. Suspicious
08-08-2002, 07:50 AM
www.xylobot.com - he has an email COM object you can use to email stuff....just write a script to parse as you're going along, email every X time and you're set Simple thing to write too.

Would be silly to use xylobot to email you when it sees a certain item for price X. With the power of xylobot, it would make more sence to use it's scripting system to write a script that:

1) Check for prices
2) If item X with price below Y is found:

- Walk to the Trader
- Open the Traders Inventory
- Click each Item till Item X is found
- Press Buy button
- Press Done button
- Walk back to starting point

The only "hard" thing to do is the "walk to the Trader" part, but with a bit of thought, it shouldn't be to problematic to script it. No manual labour needed *shrug*

CoolGuyEQ
08-08-2002, 08:20 AM
Mr. S -

Yes - you could do that, but that doesn't do what the original poster asked for:

This would be super cool for vending when you are at work.

CGEQ

p.s. there are "strafing" movement scripts that will do the movement for you. The problem then becomes making sure that you're in a clear path - no buildings, etc, to get you hung up.

Mr Guy
08-08-2002, 09:40 AM
Here's how, I don't know what scripting capabilities come with xylobot:

Algorithm:

loop:
Save loc and direction
Right click on vendor name
Walk forward 1
Compare loc (Did you move?)
If no, evasion algorithm
Compare direction (did you pass vendor?)
If yes, right click on name and right click on blank space to buy, buying is it's on challenge, as is making sure you clicked on the right person on a crowd
goto loop

Evasion algorithm
Walk back 5
strafe right 3

Envasion can be refined but that'd get you around most objects.

casey
08-09-2002, 12:35 PM
TZ > *

i have to agree as well, never could play blue :)

SeqTester
08-12-2002, 03:00 PM
would be cool but one error and you just paid 2k for a stien of mugok.

I also agree on the Carebear/blue thing, I from Rallos.

At least was when I played. messed around on a blue server and lvled a necro to 57 in 3weeks and realized it was kinda boring on blue, but lots of suckers give shit to you for free. I would really miss PVP durring KS or just them stupid peeps that need to die.

PS: Only reason I even tried blue was being I was really sick and on Rallos if you leave your PC for a min you would come back missing gear at your Bind spot. =(

fgc
09-20-2002, 04:39 AM
Something I thought of was possibly doing a few searches of items that gave lots of results. Have those results logged. Parse the logs for the average price of an item and return a list of items/sellers who are selling that item below the average.

ie. do a search on masks helmets viels necklaces gems and a few others. Have the parser set to find items that are on average selling for more than 1kpp. Then on those items find out who's selling an item at say 500pp below the average.

Now go buy the item and put it up for sale for the average price. On Popular items this would really start to bring in some money.

I know with a little time spent you can pretty much do this in game for yourself...but hey, that's what we have computers for....

anyhow...just an idea =)